Guest pushbrk
Per USCONGUZ, K visa Name Checks are usually completed before shipment to GUZ

231649[/snapback]

This comment I didn't buy when GUZ said it and I still don't buy it.. particularly for K1s.

I think there could be some difference for K1 and K3 (possibility of the latter being held at NVC longer--ie: till complete), but there's not enough K3 data on namecheck... don't ask me why K3s don't pass this info along about namecheck complete; but K1 and CR1s tend to do it more so...

231679[/snapback]

Then your argument is with USCONGUZ, not me. Why not start a thread surveying the K visa people on their name check complete dates. My timeline doesn't say anything about name checks either but I know when it was completed. Perhaps some others can add their data points.

In the future, I'd appreciate it if you would call USCONGUZ's comments misleading when it is THEM you are disagreeing with. MY comments are supported by USCONGUZ and my own experience.

I'd also appreciate it if you would refrain from mischaracterizing my comments, ie; the "eligible for interview" vs "P3 returned". I don't appreciate it and neither does anybody else.

231681[/snapback]

GUZ was answering a question to them; not spreading it around GVD like it is gospel.

Your experience is K3. You should try to stick to K3 more than telling K1s about their process. I think many would appreciate this...

What happened to your advice to handle such issues in PM ? Why do you want to blow your stack here. I'm tired of your PMs anyway..

231684[/snapback]

So, I'm not wrong, you just want to put me in a K3 box? Funny.

I appreciate David and so do a lot of other people on this board. You have no business picking an argument with him here. There is nothing to disagree about. David HAS performed a long-term study for over a year now.

231682[/snapback]

to be honest.. it's not even about who's right or wrong; whether GUZ is right or wrong...

it's about common sense and using more than just one source to decide on what information is reliable or not, cross checked with experiences over time.

There's a great history of posters on this board, and they tend to have something in common: They can quote various websites, definitions, and sources NOT FOUND on CFL.

Don't take one line out of a form to understand it (like the I-129F question on "ever filed before") or tell someone to say their ex-boyfriend was a 'concubine' and have people rushing to show dictionary definitions to show why that's wrong; or take one comment from GUZ and spread it about like gospel... All this in two days... time to be more thoughtful research before posting...

231649[/snapback]

This comment I didn't buy when GUZ said it and I still don't buy it.. particularly for K1s.

I think there could be some difference for K1 and K3 (possibility of the latter being held at NVC longer--ie: till complete), but there's not enough K3 data on namecheck... don't ask me why K3s don't pass this info along about namecheck complete; but K1 and CR1s tend to do it more so...

231679[/snapback]

Then your argument is with USCONGUZ, not me. Why not start a thread surveying the K visa people on their name check complete dates. My timeline doesn't say anything about name checks either but I know when it was completed. Perhaps some others can add their data points.

In the future, I'd appreciate it if you would call USCONGUZ's comments misleading when it is THEM you are disagreeing with. MY comments are supported by USCONGUZ and my own experience.

I'd also appreciate it if you would refrain from mischaracterizing my comments, ie; the "eligible for interview" vs "P3 returned". I don't appreciate it and neither does anybody else.

231681[/snapback]

GUZ was answering a question to them; not spreading it around GVD like it is gospel.

Your experience is K3. You should try to stick to K3 more than telling K1s about their process. I think many would appreciate this...

What happened to your advice to handle such issues in PM ? Why do you want to blow your stack here. I'm tired of your PMs anyway..

231684[/snapback]

231688[/snapback]

The OP is K1.

I don't think the statement is reflective of K1s, based on what we see in timelines and experiences related.

Guest pushbrk

231649[/snapback]

231679[/snapback]

231681[/snapback]

231684[/snapback]

231688[/snapback]

The OP is K1.

I don't think the statement is reflective of K1s, based on what we see in timelines and experiences related.

231695[/snapback]

Having a difference of opinion does not require a public challenge. I don't back down from them when tossed out. Based on your own data, P3 out to P4 for K1 averages 9 days faster than K3, if you throw out one outlier for each visa type. This would not be possible if name checks were a factor at this phase.

What does your data tell you when you compare NVC in to P3, K1 to K3, David?

Bill,

Please let us know about your experience calling DOS and when you find out about your P4.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)