Guest pushbrk
Well I called DOS and the P-3 is logged and no problems as far as they can tell.  I asked about a possible interview date and was told "probably not long".

I guess this is good news.

231633[/snapback]

This IS good news. What you want to know specifically is that the file shows as "dccument qualified" and "eligible for interview".

The next step you can do is to confirm the namecheck; has it started; is it complete?

As long as there's no problem with the P3 paperwork returned, after the namecheck, it is eligible for an interview...

231637[/snapback]

OK!

I think she might have told me that she was eligible for interview but I should probably confirm this. The SO needs some good news.

Guest pushbrk
The next step you can do is to confirm the namecheck; has it started; is it complete?

As long as there's no problem with the P3 paperwork returned, after the namecheck, it is eligible for an interview...

231637[/snapback]

OK!

I think she might have told me that she was eligible for interview but I should probably confirm this. The SO needs some good news.

231638[/snapback]

Per USCONGUZ, K visa Name Checks are usually completed before shipment to GUZ but there is no guarantee of that or that their won't be another.

Eligible for interview means that any Name Checks are complete AND that all the paperworks is in order AND that a P4 is soon to follow.

If not "eligible for interview" then I would ask if Name Check is complete.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

231637[/snapback]

OK!

231638[/snapback]

Per USCONGUZ, K visa Name Checks are usually completed before shipment to GUZ but there is no guarantee of that or that their won't be another.

Eligible for interview means that any Name Checks are complete AND that all the paperworks is in order AND that a P4 is soon to follow.

231649[/snapback]

pshbark,

Thank you! I will check to just be sure. They seemed really busy today when I called and I hate bothering them but should I call again tomorrow or give some time?

My SO sees things so matter of factly. She hears something and assumes it is so. I have been through a roller coaster--I am sure most everyone knows what I mean.

Guest pushbrk

231637[/snapback]

OK!

231638[/snapback]

231649[/snapback]

pshbark,

Thank you! I will check to just be sure. They seemed really busy today when I called and I hate bothering them but should I call again tomorrow or give some time?

My SO sees things so matter of factly. She hears something and assumes it is so. I have been through a roller coaster--I am sure most everyone knows what I mean.

231652[/snapback]

I called every day after my P3 was logged. I wanted to know the interview date as far in advance as possible. If you are now eligible for interview (What date was this logged?) then within a couple weeks of the "eligible date" you may find out your interview date. Sometimes there is as little as a couple weeks notice (although 4-6 weeks is more common). With it taking as many as 8 days to receive the P4 after it is logged as sent, KNOWING is quite valuable, if for no other reason than to simply know the waiting to know, is over.

It takes only a few seconds for them to look and tell you whether the interview has been scheduled. If no, you're off the phone and call again tomorrow. I found the best time to call is first thing in their morning.

231649[/snapback]

I would say that CFL timelines show that the namecheck is not usually complete before shipment to GUZ.

I would agree that it is initiated and possibly complete by the time the case is entered in GUZ (after sitting in customs)... but even then, many have namechecks finish closer to P3 (before or after).

The timelines also show the average time from P3 to P4. It's just not good advice to suggest to someone to call everyday after P3 is sent back. If someone was in namecheck delay, they could be calling for months on end everyday? The best practice is really to call close to the average expected time, or as needed to confirm a milestone (ie: Namecheck).

Guest pushbrk

231649[/snapback]

I would say that CFL timelines show that the namecheck is not usually complete before shipment to GUZ.

I would agree that it is initiated and possibly complete by the time the case is entered in GUZ (after sitting in customs)... but even then, many have namechecks finish closer to P3 (before or after).

The timelines also show the average time from P3 to P4. It's just not good advice to suggest to someone to call everyday after P3 is sent back. If someone was in namecheck delay, they could be calling for months on end everyday? The best practice is really to call close to the average expected time, or as needed to confirm a milestone (ie: Namecheck).

231661[/snapback]

Geez this is getting old. Maybe YOU wouldn't say it but USCONGUZ certainly said it ABOUT K3 visas, in answer to YOUR QUESTION.

- the security name check process has been completed (in most K1 and K3 cases, this occurs at the NVC)

Here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...1&hl=name+check

I'll say it about mine. When I called NVC, they told me I was all set but they were waiting for my name check to come back before shipping to GUZ. I asked if that was the normal procedure and he said yes. USCONGUZ backs that up.

SOMETIMES additional (third) K visa name checks are ordered by the Consulate. According to BJ at DOS, most of those are prompted by events at the interview. Obviously there are cases where name checks are not completed before leaving NVC and there are others initiated after arrival at station and before P4. That's why I said "usually". Please note my comments are in the "present" tense.

I DID NOT suggest calling DOS every day after the P3 was sent back. I suggested calling every day after the "eligible for interview" date.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

The OP is K1.

Your talking about K3 experiences. So to me, your comments are misleading. But maybe the OP understood you were referring to a visa type other than his and not applicable to his....

Again, our timelines show real-time experience... which at times I take as more accurate than what DOS or GUZ are telling us... The data for K1s do not support the idea that the namecheck is usually done prior to Shipment to GUZ.. why don't you spend a year or two studying it and let us know...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
The OP is K1.       

Your talking about K3 experiences.  So to me, your comments are misleading.  But maybe the OP understood you were referring to a visa type other than his and not applicable to his....

Again, our timelines show real-time experience... which at times I take as more accurate than what DOS or GUZ are telling us...  The data for K1s do not support the idea that the namecheck is usually done prior to Shipment to GUZ..  why don't you spend a year or two studying it and let us know...

231675[/snapback]

With regard to "eligibility for interview" there is no difference between K1 and K3. All my comments are addressed to "eligibility for interview". Please cut the crap.

Per USCONGUZ, K visa Name Checks are usually completed before shipment to GUZ

231649[/snapback]

This comment I didn't buy when GUZ said it and I still don't buy it.. particularly for K1s.

I think there could be some difference for K1 and K3 (possibility of the latter being held at NVC longer--ie: till complete), but there's not enough K3 data on namecheck... don't ask me why K3s don't pass this info along about namecheck complete; but K1 and CR1s tend to do it more so...

Guest pushbrk

231649[/snapback]

This comment I didn't buy when GUZ said it and I still don't buy it.. particularly for K1s.

I think there could be some difference for K1 and K3 (possibility of the latter being held at NVC longer--ie: till complete), but there's not enough K3 data on namecheck... don't ask me why K3s don't pass this info along about namecheck complete; but K1 and CR1s tend to do it more so...

231679[/snapback]

Then your argument is with USCONGUZ, not me. Why not start a thread surveying the K visa people on their name check complete dates. My timeline doesn't say anything about name checks either but I know when it was completed. Perhaps some others can add their data points.

In the future, I'd appreciate it if you would call USCONGUZ's comments misleading when it is THEM you are disagreeing with. MY comments are supported by USCONGUZ and my own experience.

I'd also appreciate it if you would refrain from mischaracterizing my comments, ie; the "eligible for interview" vs "P3 returned". I don't appreciate it and neither does anybody else.

231649[/snapback]

231679[/snapback]

Then your argument is with USCONGUZ, not me. Why not start a thread surveying the K visa people on their name check complete dates. My timeline doesn't say anything about name checks either but I know when it was completed. Perhaps some others can add their data points.

In the future, I'd appreciate it if you would call USCONGUZ's comments misleading when it is THEM you are disagreeing with. MY comments are supported by USCONGUZ and my own experience.

I'd also appreciate it if you would refrain from mischaracterizing my comments, ie; the "eligible for interview" vs "P3 returned". I don't appreciate it and neither does anybody else.

231681[/snapback]

GUZ was answering a question to them; not spreading it around GVD like it is gospel.

Your experience is K3. You should try to stick to K3 more than telling K1s about their process. I think many would appreciate this...

What happened to your advice to handle such issues in PM ? Why do you want to blow your stack here. I'm tired of your PMs anyway..

--

There's a pinned topic called timeline update.. your invited too...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)