Current U.S. TOurist Visa From Hong Kong

My wife and I married in Hawaii in April, 2006. She was born in Hong Kong and still lives there. Does anyone know if she can visit me in the U.S. on the Tourist Visa before her Residential Visa is approved? I have just started the approval process. This is my first posting.

We tried twice and both times was turned down.

In short the VO said I had a better chance in growing hair before they gave us a Tourist Visa since we had already turned part 1 in and then again after part 3. We had to wait and wait and still waiting

But theres no harm in trying. Or so I was told.

The information is a little dated, but my aunt is a resident of HK for the last 40 plus years. She used to hold a british passport when HK belonged to the UK, and now holds a special HK passport.

My mother applied for my aunt to come to the USA based on a family based petition (green card). She had absolutely no problem to come to the USA to visit while this was pending. Now, my aunt is rich <read as millions>, and I'm not sure if it was because she could prove she had ties to HK or what.

Point? She came here very easily, while an application was pending back and forth on a pleasure visa.

Edited by FuManChu (see edit history)
The information is a little dated, but my aunt is a resident of HK for the last 40 plus years.  She used to hold a british passport when HK belonged to the UK, and now holds a special HK passport.

My mother applied for my aunt to come to the USA based on a family based petition (green card).  She had absolutely no problem to come to the USA to visit while this was pending.  Now, my aunt is rich <read as millions>, and I'm not sure if it was because she could prove she had ties to HK or what.

Point?  She came here very easily, while an application was pending back and forth on a pleasure visa.

230299[/snapback]

But your aunt was applying for a family visa, not a K visa. It may make a difference.