Does GUZ keep the I-134?

If this has been asked and answered elsewhere, I apologize in advance.

On a K1 petition:

1. Does GUZ keep the I-134?

2. Is the I-134 merely a document that you are required to bring to the interview, and if GUZ wants to see it, it is available, otherwise, the benny brings it back home with him/her?

3. Is the I-134 part of the "sealed envelope" that GUZ gives the benny to bring to the US?

Thanks all!

Although the I-134 is not required, I highly recommend to have one on hand at the interview (with an employer letter and complete taxes).

If GUZ never asks for it (ie: maybe they ask for taxes instead or even no financials), then 'benny' gets to bring it home.

If GUZ asks for it and benny hands it over, then GUZ will keep it. There have been interviews where the VO asked for one of the financials and the benny handed over another one (ie: misunderstand what was asked for).. and the VO had no problem accepted that financial document. But the VO has the authority to insist on a I-134.

I suspect that the sealed envelope you hand carry to the US is your case and therefore it would be in there if GUZ asked for it and it was provided. This case material will end up with the adjudicating officer at your AOS interview.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)