Has anyone out there had the problems I have had with Guangzhou? I have told them numerous times that my fiancee's child cannot come to the US as he is in the wardship of his father. I have given numerous times my fiancee's change of address. They just can't seem to get this right. On top of all of this, they sent her packet #4 as an immigration packet instead of the K1 fiancee packet.

If you have had the same problems then I would like to hear from you.

Thanks

Has anyone out there had the problems I have had with Guangzhou?  I have told them numerous times that my fiancee's child cannot come to the US as he is in the wardship of his father.  I have given numerous times my fiancee's change of address.  They just can't seem to get this right.  On top of all of this, they sent her packet #4 as an immigration packet instead of the K1 fiancee packet.

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

What is it they are doing to cause problems with (or about) your fiancee's child?

Welcome to CFL, the only place in town that caters to the GZ consulate weary.

I think it's safe to say that all of these things have happened in the past, though I can't recall it happening to the same person. I had problems with the address, and others have received the wrong P4. The child issue is actually fairly common because of the follow to join possibility. The fact that GZ doesn't do anything about it doesn't seem to cause a problem. If the child doesn't show up for the interview, it doesn't seem to have any impact of the process.

Has anyone out there had the problems I have had with Guangzhou?  I have told them numerous times that my fiancee's child cannot come to the US as he is in the wardship of his father.  I have given numerous times my fiancee's change of address.  They just can't seem to get this right.  On top of all of this, they sent her packet #4 as an immigration packet instead of the K1 fiancee packet.

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

What is it they are doing to cause problems with (or about) your fiancee's child?

228617[/snapback]

They keep listing him as a beneficiary for a visa but he can't come. They even called my fiancee and she told them the same thing that he could not come. But they still list him as a beneficiary. I suppose this poses no problem as they will see when he doesn't come to the interview. Thanks for your reply.

Welcome to CFL, the only place in town that caters to the GZ consulate weary.

I think it's safe to say that all of these things have happened in the past, though I can't recall it happening to the same person.  I had problems with the address, and others have received the wrong P4.  The child issue is actually fairly common because of the follow to join possibility.  The fact that GZ doesn't do anything about it doesn't seem to cause a problem.  If the child doesn't show up for the interview, it doesn't seem to have any impact of the process.

228618[/snapback]

Thanks for your reply. Yes all of this is happening to me among many other problems with a delayed USCIS approval. I finally got my senator in on the action and he got me approved. But after all of the confusion, they still haven't told me I have done anything wrong with the paperword. I started all of this in April of 2005 and I am still waiting.

Thanks for your advise and hopefully my fiancee will receive the correct packet at the correct address............

Guest pushbrk

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

I would completely ignore the child issue. They will leave the option open regardless.

As for the P4, please be specific about what she received that makes you think she has the wrong packet. The K1 Visa IS processed as an immigrant Visa because immigration is intended. She will pay the nonimmigrant visa fee.

The first line of my wife's K3 P4 letter says...

The consulate has scheduled an appoinment for an immigrant visa interview for the beneficiaries as noted at the bottom of this letter.

A later line says...

the interview will take place in the immigrant visa unit at the following location:

The immigrant visa unit processes these visas.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

I would completely ignore the child issue. They will leave the option open regardless.

As for the P4, please be specific about what she received that makes you think she has the wrong packet. The K1 Visa IS processed as an immigrant Visa because immigration is intended. She will pay the nonimmigrant visa fee.

The consulate has scheduled an appoinment for animmigrant visa interview for the beneficiaries as noted at the bottom of this letter.

228634[/snapback]

The reason I know it is the wrong P4 because there is no ds 156, ds156k, ds157, gni-2, certificate of intent to marry. What she received was nothing like what the k-1 FAQ on the consulate's website says except for the medical forms. She did get the ds230 pt 2 which is not stated on the k1 FAQ but is stated on the immigrant visa FAQ. Am I thinking in the right direction?

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

The consulate has scheduled an appoinment for an immigrant visa interview for the beneficiaries as noted at the bottom of this letter.

A later line says...

the interview will take place in the immigrant visa unit at the following location:

228634[/snapback]

Frank,

The first line of my fiancee's letter says the same as your wife's letter. It has to be the wrong packet given this? Do you think I am right? Thanks for your help.

Guest pushbrk
Has anyone out there had the problems I have had with Guangzhou??I have told them numerous times that my fiancee's child cannot come to the US as he is in the wardship of his father.?I have given numerous times my fiancee's change of address.?They just can't seem to get this right.?On top of all of this, they sent her packet #4 as an immigration packet instead of the K1 fiancee packet.

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

A later line says...

228634[/snapback]

Frank,

The first line of my fiancee's letter says the same as your wife's letter. It has to be the wrong packet given this? Do you think I am right? Thanks for your help.

228645[/snapback]

I'm Mike, but I would expect your fiance's letter to be identical to the one my wife received. The P4 is not different for the K1 and K3.

Everything I wrote applies to K1. The immigrant visa unit will process the visa but she will pay the non-immigrant fee. She will queue in the immigrant visa line outside the Consulate on interview day.

She should have the letter along with the GIV-24, DS-156 and DS -157 suppliment.

Has anyone out there had the problems I have had with Guangzhou??I have told them numerous times that my fiancee's child cannot come to the US as he is in the wardship of his father.?I have given numerous times my fiancee's change of address.?They just can't seem to get this right.?On top of all of this, they sent her packet #4 as an immigration packet instead of the K1 fiancee packet.

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

A later line says...

228634[/snapback]

Frank,

228645[/snapback]

I'm Mike, but I would expect your fiance's letter to be identical to the one my wife received. The P4 is not different for the K1 and K3.

Everything I wrote applies to K1. The immigrant visa unit will process the visa but she will pay the non-immigrant fee. She will queue in the immigrant visa line outside the Consulate on interview day.

She should have the letter along with the GIV-24, DS-156 and DS -157 suppliment.

228647[/snapback]

Hey Mike (sorry about the name)....Do you think I need to notify the consulate that my fiancee did not get the ds 156,156k,157 forms? Or should I just get them from the internet? I can't seem to find a good copy of the certification of intent to marry and the GNI-2 forms.

Guest pushbrk

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

A later line says...

228634[/snapback]

Frank,

228645[/snapback]

228647[/snapback]

Hey Mike (sorry about the name)....Do you think I need to notify the consulate that my fiancee did not get the ds 156,156k,157 forms? Or should I just get them from the internet? I can't seem to find a good copy of the certification of intent to marry and the GNI-2 forms.

228654[/snapback]

I can't address the intent to marry but are you sure she didn't get the other forms? What DID she receive? So far, we've only determined that the letter seems correct.

Thanks

228614[/snapback]

A later line says...

228634[/snapback]

Frank,

228645[/snapback]

228647[/snapback]

228654[/snapback]

I can't address the intent to marry but are you sure she didn't get the other forms? What DID she receive? So far, we've only determined that the letter seems correct.

228659[/snapback]

hey Mike, she did not get the other forms. I had her scan and email all documents and the ones i mentioned were not in the packet. I showed her examples of what the forms look like and she said she did not get them. GZ's consulate website tells what she should have received for the K1 p4 and the family based visa p4. The forms she got are consistent with what the website says for a family based immigrant visa but not for the fiancee visa. The forms for the medical and the family history are the same but the K1 is supposed to have supplemental forms included. I think that they sent the wrong packet. I will send them an email and tell them this. I just hope it doesn't cause anymore confusion than is already there.