1st Annual Dumpling Cook Off

• 1 year later...

HI there, this is for all the cooks on CFL. we are trying to cook some home made dumplings and want to get the flour to make the dumplings, but a bit confused on what to select at the local store. I am currently living near SB and i can drive down to LA if i need to, but i dont know the name of brand of flower to get for the dumplings.

Any help would be appreciated!

:-)

HI there, this is for all the cooks on CFL. we are trying to cook some home made dumplings and want to get the flour to make the dumplings, but a bit confused on what to select at the local store. I am currently living near SB and i can drive down to LA if i need to, but i dont know the name of brand of flower to get for the dumplings.

If you're talking about flour to make wrappers from scratch we use plain old all purpose flour, available anywhere. Lao Po likes thick wrappers. If you're thinking of the translucent thin wrappers you find on some varieties of dim sum then maybe it's a different flour.

I'm in Pakistan right now so it's a bit difficult to ask her ...

If you're talking about flour to make wrappers from scratch we use plain old all purpose flour, available anywhere. Lao Po likes thick wrappers. If you're thinking of the translucent thin wrappers you find on some varieties of dim sum then maybe it's a different flour.

I'm in Pakistan right now so it's a bit difficult to ask her ...

Yes are are looking for the translucent thin wrappers. We did make some dumplings with regular flour and it turned out nice, but we are still looking for that one special flour to cook. thanks for the reply!