Ok back in February GUZ sent my fiance a letter asking her to verify if her son would be included in the application for visa. We were asked to fax them our response. We faxed them confirming that son was not included.

Now when I call DOS asking for case status, they say for fiance and son. I say that son not included. So I emailed GUZ yesterday and they responded:

"Thank you for your inquiry!

Since you have listed Ms. xxxx's son in the visa petition, he is included in

the record. Will he follow to join as K2? If he is not, please mail us a

notarized statement saying so in order for us to delete his application.

The case is now only pending the completion of Ms. xxxx's namecheck. We will

follow up if it is still pending after July 12, 2006."

I just called DOS and told them about my concern that son was included and I didnt' want anything else to cause delays. The lady at DOS told me it is no big deal if son is included and it would be best to just leave him included in case we decide to bring him over at a later point (within one year). She said he will not be expected to be at interview and that my wife will just have to tell the VO that son will not be part of visa.

Sound this sound normal?

I will ask my fiance to send another fax to GUZ explaining the situation. We both have faxed in the past to correct this.

Just another example of our tax dollars hard at work.

:rolleyes:

Having the son in a follow to join status does not hurt you one little bit, it costs you nothing and allows for the situation to change. If you do nothing the option disappears 1 year after your fiancé's visa is issued.

I was under the impression that my wife did not have custody until the day before the interview when I read the divorce decree and here we are 8 months later on our way for his K-2 interview. I can truly say that in our case leaving the follow to join status alone was the best thing GZ could have done for us, especially when I see the look in my wife's eyes and the joy of our son. I have only been with our son for a week now and we are already closer than most father and son's I have met in the US. :rolleyes: