It is my understanding that if the petitioner does not have the financial resources to support the visa applicant, the petitioner may enlist family members to produce a second, or even a third I-134 in support of the foreign applicant.

With that, two quickies:

1) Is there any procedure for this action? Or does the joint sponsor, like the petitioner, simply send the I-134 and supporting documents to the foreign applicant, later to be brought to the interview in Guangzhou?

2) How does one prove the relationship between the petitioner and joint sponsor? Is such proof even necessary?

Thanks! and Thanks for all of your help on this site!

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/affsupp.htm#faqs

"Who can be a joint sponsor, and when is a joint sponsor allowed?

If the visa petitioner's household income is not sufficient to meet the requirements of INA section 213A and 8 C.F.R. § 213a, INA section 213A permits a joint sponsor to sign an affidavit of support, in addition to the affidavit of support signed by the visa petitioner. A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125 percent income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement. "