Biometrics Appointment

This thread from VisaJourney suggests that the biometrics language is popping up on recent NOAs, even pre IMBRAhttp://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...topic=16262&hl=

222910[/snapback]

Adding Biometrics to the K-1 looks like a background check has been included in process prior to the approval. We will just need to see if those waiting for an RFE begin to receive Biometrics appointments as well. :headbang:

222916[/snapback]

While this is also my preliminary conclusion based on the limited information provided, without a full in context quote it is difficult to know for certain. For instance, if the quote provided leaves out the preceding "if...." then we don't have the full context.

222931[/snapback]

to quote another posting from VJ:

"Do you having something like this?

If this is for an I-485, or I-698 application

USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT. You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice with specific time, date...

It is printed on my NOA1 too... this is nothing to do with IMBRA.

I suppose that is a general statement for I-485, or I-698 application.

I-485 and I-698 are both Adjustment of Status petitions.

So...no fingerprints for USC K1 Petitioners"

222932[/snapback]

For the moment this is complete speculation, but the post on VJ is basing their statement on what has been in the past and makes no concession for a change in the process.

What we do know at this moment is that the Biometrics notice has not shown up on the NOA1 receipt before and the odds are this is not by accident.

With the IMBRA just coming into play we are going to see some changes for K-1 processing and that will all be determined by how USCIS decides to do things.

Collecting Biometrics from the USC does provide them with an easier method to validate the information concerning criminal history since they have that system in place now.

The only thing we can do is wait to see how it all plays out, but this sure does look like a change is coming quickly.