GUZ would like to inform you....

We get a call this morining.... My SO answers...... 2 minutes later and....

"The consulate cancelled the interview. WHAT!!!???"

The reason... DOB is incorrect. The result... wait.

The timeline says it all really.

Emailed 4 different times, faxed and mailed twice over a period of two months. All involving THEIR error.

My SO said that GUZ has a copy of her passport and will send back the info to the states. My guess is that they will run another name check again.

That's it really... wait. Now you have it..... Now you don't.

Luckily for them, they don't have to tell my SO or myself in person. Because they would see a smiling face, followed with a big middle finger and then my big fist.

Final summation...... WTF?

Edited by change2marrow (see edit history)

Emailed 4 different times, faxed and mailed twice over a period of two months. All involving THEIR error.

My SO said that GUZ has a copy of her passport and will send back the info to the states. My guess is that they will run another name check again.

Luckily for them, they don't have to tell my SO or myself in person. Because they would see a smiling face, followed with a big middle finger and then my big fist.

222514[/snapback]

Sorry to hear about this. GZ has a problem reading their faxes or anything else, it took 2 months for them to handle an entry error with our P3 stuff, but it is never their fault.

It is OUR fault for dealing with them, what were we thinking... :blink:

They will get the name check completed eventually and there is no way to speed up the process.

Hang in there.

neither issue is unprecedented...

Their inability to update in a timely manner any one of five correspondences... or that a birthdate snafu will trigger a new name check.

At least it was not at the interview, for then you probably fall into administrative review for it...

Let them fix it, do the check, and get the interview set [again]

222514[/snapback]

sorry to hear about the screw up.

By the way is your timeline a typo?

Married 2/05

Petition sent 1/06

????

Geez, sorry to hear about this, its amazing how they cant cure a little error. These applications have got to be done perfectly. I had an error in the room # on Jie's address...simply put Rm 201 instead of 210. Not a biggie, but still an error. I called USCIS, asked what to do, they told me, and I followed their instructions. When the package got to GUZ and the P3 was mailed, guess what?

It was sent to Rm 201. Fortunately, EMS was able to figure it out and we got the package ok.

Just prior to this, Jie also changed her address. We followed the consulates instructions to change address and fax it. I faxed it twice, two weeks apart, and emailed twice to be sure they got it. Both times, GZ told me they got the fax and corrected it. Where was the package mailed?

The old address. Fortunately, it was family, so we got it anyway.

Moral of the story: scrutinize the damn applications 10 times over before sending it, and DONT MOVE anywhere! :D

222514[/snapback]

sorry to hear about the screw up.

By the way is your timeline a typo?

Married 2/05

Petition sent 1/06

????

222534[/snapback]

Umm... I don't see an error.

I got married a year before sending in the petition to Beijing. We waited awhile to start, not knowing what are plans were. I've been living in China since late 2004.

Well, back to twiddling thumbs. :D