Non-Immigrant Visa

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

I've been examining our FAQ, and as you might realize it's very difficult to keep our forms and fee schedules updated. The PDF document "Notice to All Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants" located at:

http://home.comcast.net/~donahso/P3/Banks_English.pdf

shows the non-refundable visa fee to be 559RMB. It looks like this fee has changed to 830RMB? Is this true? Also, does this fee apply to all children indicated as to join or follow to join the applicant?

If so, does this mean that if a mother and daughter attend the interview that a fee of 1660RMB is needed, e.g., 830RMB for each person, or is only one fee required for both?

Guest pushbrk
I've been examining our FAQ, and as you might realize it's very difficult to keep our forms and fee schedules updated. The PDF document "Notice to All Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants" located at:

http://home.comcast.net/~donahso/P3/Banks_English.pdf

shows the non-refundable visa fee to be 559RMB. It looks like this fee has changed to 830RMB? Is this true? Also, does this fee apply to all children indicated as to join or follow to join the applicant?

If so, does this mean that if a mother and daughter attend the interview that a fee of 1660RMB is needed, e.g., 830RMB for each person, or is only one fee required for both?

221004[/snapback]

Because of the exchange rate variation the 830 is now 810. They'll also need to pay another 35 each for visa pickup/mailing fees. This last 35 is paid only AFTER the interview is successful.

The fee is based on each visa that is requested, so yes a mother and daughter would be 2 fees, this is the DOS reciprocal fee structure for visa issuance.

The fee charged by the consulate for this is actually $100 US and will fluctuate based on the exchange rate. About 800 RMB each, this week.

Thanks you guys....

221008[/snapback]

Speaking of post-interview 'fees', make sure she goes to the post office when the interview is finished to special order the 2 day mailing so she can pick it up 2 buz days after it is approved. I believe we paid 20 rmb for this.

Are the fees paid for in Yuan or USD? Are both acceptable?

221060[/snapback]

Usually K# visas are paid at a Citi bank prior to the medical. I don't know if anyone has attempted to pay USD at one of these banks. Obviously the chinese national will pay in RMB...

A CR1 paids NVC.. so this is definitely in USD.

At one point in the past, there was a surcharge which was payable at the consulate interview, for those who had paid the amount (NVC) prior to the surcharge enactment... and it was reported that both currencies were accepted at the consulate, but RMB had to be exact.