Question about USCIS processing of the I-129f

With the I-129F you are supplying your marriage certificate and are not required to show that you were single when the marriage took place. The assumption is you entered the marriage legally.

The instructions say you "MAY OMIT" the divorce paperwork, but if it makes you feel better, add them to the petition. I doubt it would add much to the cost of postage, unless this is marriage 33. :P

It is unknown if they cross reference the I-130 when processing the I-129F, I think it is more a case of you have proved you filed it and that is good enough for them. :lol:

Basically the I-129F allows your wife to come to the US while you process AOS instead of waiting in China for the I-130 to complete it's processing. Now depending on the timing the I-130 could catch up with the K-3 prior to the interview and in that case you would have the best of all worlds and not need to file AOS.

220555[/snapback]

I was using the dates shown in the Case Status Search and arrived at the August date based on the fact they are now processing applications submitted 11/16/05 whereas ours was files 3/15/06 so I added 3 months. I hope the IR-1 does get processed sooner. I did send copies of the divorce agreements along with the I-130 but did not make copies for the I-129f.

What is with these centers anyhow, I sent my I-130 to Texas and it was forwarded to California, I sent my I-129 to Chicago and it was forwarded to Kansas. I have my timeline on my signature:

2004 Met on Yahoo

02/05 First actual meeting in Hawaii

04/05 In Taiwan for 2 weeks, meet parents

10-05 Married in Taiwan

02/06 In Taipei for Chinese New Year, AIT translations

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

03/14/06 $190 check cashed

03/16/06 NOA1 for I-130 received

03/18/06 Submitted I-129f to Chicago office

03/27/06 $170 check cashed

03/27/06 NOA1 for I-129f received

220597[/snapback]

There is no Chicago Processing Center. All 129F for K3 are processed at NBC, which is not actually listed as one of the processing centers.

Texas and Nebraska have been transferring a lot of cases to California for a while. This could change without notice, so USCIS doesn't change their instructions for mailing. Many cases sent to Nebraska and Texas are processed there but lately not Fiance or Spouse cases.

You do not have an IR1 case. Yours is CR1. Yes?

I take it the interview in your case will be in Taiwan, not Guangzhou.

220600[/snapback]

Since we have been married less than 2 years ours will be "conditional"...correct? Since she will be here on the I-129f I assume we will adjust status in the US, probably Charlotte since I am in NC.

220602[/snapback]

If the K3 wins the race, then yes, you'll adjust status in the US.

220605[/snapback]

Does anyone know what will happen after the Service Center starts processing our I-129f. My wife has a US visa and has been to the US 3 times so I hope the processing goes quickly. I have worked for the Federal govt almost 30 years so they know my history too.

220612[/snapback]

I don't understand, you say you have worked for the federal government for almost 30 years but here you are trying to predict what they will do with your case in the future? Seems like you should know better, it is an exercise in futility! Sorta like barking at the moon!

220633[/snapback]

Travellers,

Don't quite know how to answer except all branches of the government are not alike. I am trying to predict because my wife is renting an apartment and the landlord has repeatedly asked her when she will move tot he US. So she asks me and I am trying to gather facts or fiction, whatever you want to call it.

Guest ShaQuaNew
OK so hopefully next Friday they will start processing our I-129f and send me another NOA that either says they need more info or that it has been approved. Then on to NVC where a Non-immigrant visa number is issued then on to AIT in Taipei...Correct?

220629[/snapback]

You will do yourself a favor if you find something to do while your waiting to hear from the mystery folk at immigration. US psych-wards are able to meet payrole on the backs of those that have tried to predict immigration events. Spending time on As the Candle Burns can do the same thing.... :lol:

With the I-129F you are supplying your marriage certificate and are not required to show that you were single when the marriage took place. The assumption is you entered the marriage legally.

The instructions say you "MAY OMIT" the divorce paperwork, but if it makes you feel better, add them to the petition. I doubt it would add much to the cost of postage, unless this is marriage 33. :P

It is unknown if they cross reference the I-130 when processing the I-129F, I think it is more a case of you have proved you filed it and that is good enough for them. :lol:

Basically the I-129F allows your wife to come to the US while you process AOS instead of waiting in China for the I-130 to complete it's processing. Now depending on the timing the I-130 could catch up with the K-3 prior to the interview and in that case you would have the best of all worlds and not need to file AOS.

220555[/snapback]

I was using the dates shown in the Case Status Search and arrived at the August date based on the fact they are now processing applications submitted 11/16/05 whereas ours was files 3/15/06 so I added 3 months. I hope the IR-1 does get processed sooner. I did send copies of the divorce agreements along with the I-130 but did not make copies for the I-129f.

What is with these centers anyhow, I sent my I-130 to Texas and it was forwarded to California, I sent my I-129 to Chicago and it was forwarded to Kansas. I have my timeline on my signature:

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

There is no Chicago Processing Center. All 129F for K3 are processed at NBC, which is not actually listed as one of the processing centers.

Texas and Nebraska have been transferring a lot of cases to California for a while. This could change without notice, so USCIS doesn't change their instructions for mailing. Many cases sent to Nebraska and Texas are processed there but lately not Fiance or Spouse cases.

220600[/snapback]

Since we have been married less than 2 years ours will be "conditional"...correct? Since she will be here on the I-129f I assume we will adjust status in the US, probably Charlotte since I am in NC.

220602[/snapback]

220605[/snapback]

Does anyone know what will happen after the Service Center starts processing our I-129f. My wife has a US visa and has been to the US 3 times so I hope the processing goes quickly. I have worked for the Federal govt almost 30 years so they know my history too.

220612[/snapback]

They'll do whatever they do. If they need more information they'll ask for it. If not, they'll send you notice of approval on the same kind of form you got your CR1 NOA1.

Upon approval, your file is sent to NVC "National Visa Center". Generally a few days later it is sent to the Consulate. A "quick" time between NOA1 and NOA2 on a K3 is 30 days. A slow time is 90. Petitions with issues can be delayed for quite some time. I don't know of a way to predict where a petition will fall within that range.

220625[/snapback]

OK so hopefully next Friday they will start processing our I-129f and send me another NOA that either says they need more info or that it has been approved. Then on to NVC where a Non-immigrant visa number is issued then on to AIT in Taipei...Correct?

220629[/snapback]

Whoa. I don't know where you're pulling these dates from. Is it a hat or and imagination? As far as I know, when your case file gets to Chicago they date stamp it and forward it to NBC. NBC will send you an NOA1.

From that point it is anybody's guess. Your file goes in a pile and somebody checks fairly soon to see if they have everything they need and they take whatever steps they take from there. You can be sure that most of the time your file is in a pile somewhere waiting for whatever the next step may be.

When they are finished, they'll notify you as previously explained. You said you worked for the Government. If you worked in a sensitive security area, that could delay your process. There are just too many unknowns to be talking about what USCIS will do next Friday.

220635[/snapback]

Nope nothing sensitive or secure here, National Institutes of Health although all of us now have to have security clearances. I received the NOA1 March 27, 2006 and based on the NBC Case Status processing estimates from May 22 our application should be processed next Friday.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp?

Guest ShaQuaNew

Nope nothing sensitive or secure here, National Institutes of Health although all of us now have to have security clearances. I received the NOA1 March 27, 2006 and based on the NBC Case Status processing estimates from May 22 our application should be processed next Friday.

220641[/snapback]

I defer back to this....

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=220639

Guest pushbrk

220555[/snapback]

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

220600[/snapback]

220602[/snapback]

220605[/snapback]

220612[/snapback]

They'll do whatever they do. If they need more information they'll ask for it. If not, they'll send you notice of approval on the same kind of form you got your CR1 NOA1.

Upon approval, your file is sent to NVC "National Visa Center". Generally a few days later it is sent to the Consulate. A "quick" time between NOA1 and NOA2 on a K3 is 30 days. A slow time is 90. Petitions with issues can be delayed for quite some time. I don't know of a way to predict where a petition will fall within that range.

220625[/snapback]

220629[/snapback]

Whoa. I don't know where you're pulling these dates from. Is it a hat or and imagination? As far as I know, when your case file gets to Chicago they date stamp it and forward it to NBC. NBC will send you an NOA1.

From that point it is anybody's guess. Your file goes in a pile and somebody checks fairly soon to see if they have everything they need and they take whatever steps they take from there. You can be sure that most of the time your file is in a pile somewhere waiting for whatever the next step may be.

When they are finished, they'll notify you as previously explained. You said you worked for the Government. If you worked in a sensitive security area, that could delay your process. There are just too many unknowns to be talking about what USCIS will do next Friday.

220635[/snapback]

220641[/snapback]

This information is not reliable for predicting your NOA2. It simply indicates this is the oldest currently in the stack. Like I said before, you may well have predicted correctly but this is not a reliable indicator. Current actual processing timelines ARE however and so you may well be looking at as soon as next week. That would be about 75 days. Mine was 73.

Are you set up for email notification of changes in your status.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
I hope the processing goes quickly. I have worked for the Federal govt almost 30 years so they know my history too.

220612[/snapback]

I will say that a few USCs that I talked to, who shot through the process had a special background clearance... I will say that this can be completely coincidental and should not be construed as implying that was the 'pushing factor'...

It's best to just look at the years cases... K3 averages show below.

The first line is all cases, the second is a 'best case' where outliers were removed. The numbers are in "Days / Months" for Sub (submission) to P2, P3, P4 and IV (interview).

VISA........Sub-P2 (D/M).......Sub-P3 (D/M)......Sub-P4 (D/M)......Sub-IV (D/M)

K3 (all).....75.6 / 2.5........163.8 / 5.5.......258.5 / 8.6.......315.5 / 10.5

K3 (adj).....51.2 / 1.7........117.1 / 3.9.......191.8 / 86.3......266.6 / 8.8

The fastest K3 in this group was under 7 months; the slowest almost 17 months.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
I hope the processing goes quickly. I have worked for the Federal govt almost 30 years so they know my history too.

220612[/snapback]

I will say that a few USCs that I talked to, who shot through the process had a special background clearance... I will say that this can be completely coincidental and should not be construed as implying that was the 'pushing factor'...

The first line is all cases, the second is a 'best case' where outliers were removed. The numbers are in "Days / Months" for Sub (submission) to P2, P3, P4 and IV (interview).

220668[/snapback]

David,

If the time from receipt of NOA to processing is P2 then I am at 71 days and counting already. Is P3 the date the package is sent to NVC and P4 the date the package is sent to the embassy?

Here is the timeline links and data points defined...

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17813

---

Also, here's an excellent K3 flowchart from the 'sister' board, 001:

http://www.laogonglaopo.com/001files/K3_Fl...art_EN_Rels.htm

The basic flow for K3 :

-Chicago

-NBC (P1=NOA1, P2=NOA2) [not sure if NOA1 is from Chicago or NBC]

-NVC (Letter of NVC approval; P2.5=Letter that case is forwarded to consulate; some report not getting both letters)

-GUZ (P3-package sent to SO; P4 package sent to SO; Interview location)

There can be delays at any one of these stages... but like any average, cases are above and below the number posted...

I try to keep the 'adjusted average' a little on the optimistic side... meaning, that I try to show what a smooth process really should expect.

This could lead me to excluding too cases; meaning, I have to be careful to watch if the general trend is simply getting longer and I keep throwing too many out just to get a decent 'adjusted average'. But for now, this is my optimist opinion of the K3 data...

Guest pushbrk

220612[/snapback]

220668[/snapback]

David,

If the time from receipt of NOA to processing is P2 then I am at 71 days and counting already. Is P3 the date the package is sent to NVC and P4 the date the package is sent to the embassy?

220691[/snapback]

NOA1 to NOA2 (aka P2) is where your timeline now stands at 71 days. NOA2 indicates the USCIS processing is "complete" and that agency has "approved" your petition. This means you have established that you and the beneficiary have both the appropriate standing and relationship to qualify for the visa she will later actually "apply" for.

I'm not aware of any timeline data on CFL that would be valid for comparison in you case, past NOA2/Approval BECAUSE your case will go to Taiwan, not mainland China. The steps are the same but the backlog and processing times at station are different. You might consult timelines for Taiwan at www.visajourney.com

You seem to be stuck on the idea that your case is "processed" on a specific date. There are multiple bureaucratic steps in the process. Your "approval" will be on a specific date after all the steps of the process are complete. You ARE approaching the time you could expect "approval" if there are no unknown or unforseeable delays in processing your case but this has little or nothing to do with the "processing date" information you saw, UNTIL that date is as late as your own NOA1 date.

THEN you know that YOUR case is among the slowest or has the most problems of any K3 cases submitted around that time. The "processing date" you saw COULD reflect difficulties with a single case.

You seem to be stuck on the idea that your case is "processed" on a specific date.0„2 There are multiple bureaucratic steps in the process.0„2 Your "approval" will be on a specific date after all the steps of the process are complete.0„2 You ARE approaching the time you could expect "approval" if there are no unknown or unforseeable delays in processing your case but this has little or nothing to do with the "processing date" information you saw, UNTIL that date is as late as your own NOA1 date.0„2

THEN you know that YOUR case is among the slowest or has the most problems of any K3 cases submitted around that time.0„2 The "processing date" you saw COULD reflect difficulties with a single case.

220739[/snapback]

I believed it appeared at one point that the date reflected the date of the most recently processed application (at the time the page was updated). That is, if Joe Blow applied on Jan 1, and his zipped through, that is the date that would show. Then, when a slower application that was received earlier was processed, the time might go backwards to that date.

In other words, don't be really suprised if it shows a date LATER than your own and yours still hasn't been processed.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
You seem to be stuck on the idea that your case is "processed" on a specific date.?? There are multiple bureaucratic steps in the process.?? Your "approval" will be on a specific date after all the steps of the process are complete.?? You ARE approaching the time you could expect "approval" if there are no unknown or unforseeable delays in processing your case but this has little or nothing to do with the "processing date" information you saw, UNTIL that date is as late as your own NOA1 date.??

THEN you know that YOUR case is among the slowest or has the most problems of any K3 cases submitted around that time.?? The "processing date" you saw COULD reflect difficulties with a single case.

220739[/snapback]

I believed it appeared at one point that the date reflected the date of the most recently processed application (at the time the page was updated). That is, if Joe Blow applied on Jan 1, and his zipped through, that is the date that would show. Then, when a slower application that was received earlier was processed, the time might go backwards to that date.

In other words, don't be really suprised if it shows a date LATER than your own and yours still hasn't been processed.

220750[/snapback]

I'm aware of no examples. Are you?

Look at any of the recent timelines for the counter-example. These dates often go weeks without a change.