Question about USCIS processing of the I-129f

I submitted the I-130 and when I got the receipt I submitted the I-129f package. The I-130 will be processed in late August at Cal Service Center while the I-129f will begin processing next week in Chicago. My question is: In the I-130 package I had to make copies of previous divorce agreements and other things. On the I-129F I had to list previous marriages but the instructions indivate you do not have to prepare copies of the divorce agreements. How can the Chicao service center process the I-129F and agree to allow my wife into the country without copies of these previous divorce agreements? Do they contact the California service center where my I-130 is located to get copies of these previous divorce agreements or is that something that is taken care of during Adjustment of Status here int he US? I guess what I am asking is this I-129F process just to get your wife into the country and the actual processing is done later?

With the I-129F you are supplying your marriage certificate and are not required to show that you were single when the marriage took place. The assumption is you entered the marriage legally.

The instructions say you "MAY OMIT" the divorce paperwork, but if it makes you feel better, add them to the petition. I doubt it would add much to the cost of postage, unless this is marriage 33. :blink:

It is unknown if they cross reference the I-130 when processing the I-129F, I think it is more a case of you have proved you filed it and that is good enough for them. :)

Basically the I-129F allows your wife to come to the US while you process AOS instead of waiting in China for the I-130 to complete it's processing. Now depending on the timing the I-130 could catch up with the K-3 prior to the interview and in that case you would have the best of all worlds and not need to file AOS.

Guest pushbrk
I submitted the I-130 and when I got the receipt I submitted the I-129f package. The I-130 will be processed in late August at Cal Service Center while the I-129f will begin processing next week in Chicago. My question is: In the I-130 package I had to make copies of previous divorce agreements and other things. On the I-129F I had to list previous marriages but the instructions indivate you do not have to prepare copies of the divorce agreements. How can the Chicao service center process the I-129F and agree to allow my wife into the country without copies of these previous divorce agreements? Do they contact the California service center where my I-130 is located to get copies of these previous divorce agreements or is that something that is taken care of during Adjustment of Status here int he US? I guess what I am asking is this I-129F process just to get your wife into the country and the actual processing is done later?

220552[/snapback]

Lee has explained well. Two small points, however. Your I-129F is mailed to a Post Office Box in Chicago but it will be processed at the National Benefits Center, "NBC" in Kansas City, MO. There is no way to accurately predict that your CR1 case will be processed in late August or any other time frame. I'm not sure where you got that impression, even though you MAY have predicted correctly.

If you are using the processing dates from the USCIS website as your guide then you may be pleasantly surprised. Those dates reflect the oldest petitions still hanging around for issues to be resolved.

Break out the Cheetos and post your timeline for reference. We'll help all we can.

Oh, and be prepared to show an original Notarial Divorce Decree at the interview. :unsure:

With the I-129F you are supplying your marriage certificate and are not required to show that you were single when the marriage took place. The assumption is you entered the marriage legally.

The instructions say you "MAY OMIT" the divorce paperwork, but if it makes you feel better, add them to the petition. I doubt it would add much to the cost of postage, unless this is marriage 33. :ph34r:

It is unknown if they cross reference the I-130 when processing the I-129F, I think it is more a case of you have proved you filed it and that is good enough for them. :unsure:

Basically the I-129F allows your wife to come to the US while you process AOS instead of waiting in China for the I-130 to complete it's processing. Now depending on the timing the I-130 could catch up with the K-3 prior to the interview and in that case you would have the best of all worlds and not need to file AOS.

220555[/snapback]

I was using the dates shown in the Case Status Search and arrived at the August date based on the fact they are now processing applications submitted 11/16/05 whereas ours was files 3/15/06 so I added 3 months. I hope the IR-1 does get processed sooner. I did send copies of the divorce agreements along with the I-130 but did not make copies for the I-129f.

What is with these centers anyhow, I sent my I-130 to Texas and it was forwarded to California, I sent my I-129 to Chicago and it was forwarded to Kansas. I have my timeline on my signature:

2004 Met on Yahoo

02/05 First actual meeting in Hawaii

04/05 In Taiwan for 2 weeks, meet parents

10-05 Married in Taiwan

02/06 In Taipei for Chinese New Year, AIT translations

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

03/14/06 $190 check cashed

03/16/06 NOA1 for I-130 received

03/18/06 Submitted I-129f to Chicago office

03/27/06 $170 check cashed

03/27/06 NOA1 for I-129f received

The instructions say you "MAY OMIT" the divorce paperwork, but if it makes you feel better, add them to the petition. I doubt it would add much to the cost of postage, unless this is marriage 33. :ph34r:

It is unknown if they cross reference the I-130 when processing the I-129F, I think it is more a case of you have proved you filed it and that is good enough for them. :unsure:

220555[/snapback]

I was using the dates shown in the Case Status Search and arrived at the August date based on the fact they are now processing applications submitted 11/16/05 whereas ours was files 3/15/06 so I added 3 months. I hope the IR-1 does get processed sooner. I did send copies of the divorce agreements along with the I-130 but did not make copies for the I-129f.

What is with these centers anyhow, I sent my I-130 to Texas and it was forwarded to California, I sent my I-129 to Chicago and it was forwarded to Kansas. I have my timeline on my signature:

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

Sorry for the poor math, I added 4 months thinking if Calif. was processing Nov 16 now it would be May, June, July, August.

Guest pushbrk

220555[/snapback]

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

There is no Chicago Processing Center. All 129F for K3 are processed at NBC, which is not actually listed as one of the processing centers.

Texas and Nebraska have been transferring a lot of cases to California for a while. This could change without notice, so USCIS doesn't change their instructions for mailing. Many cases sent to Nebraska and Texas are processed there but lately not Fiance or Spouse cases.

You do not have an IR1 case. Yours is CR1. Yes?

I take it the interview in your case will be in Taiwan, not Guangzhou.

220555[/snapback]

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

There is no Chicago Processing Center. All 129F for K3 are processed at NBC, which is not actually listed as one of the processing centers.

Texas and Nebraska have been transferring a lot of cases to California for a while. This could change without notice, so USCIS doesn't change their instructions for mailing. Many cases sent to Nebraska and Texas are processed there but lately not Fiance or Spouse cases.

220600[/snapback]

Since we have been married less than 2 years ours will be "conditional"...correct? Since she will be here on the I-129f I assume we will adjust status in the US, probably Charlotte since I am in NC.

Guest pushbrk

The instructions say you "MAY OMIT" the divorce paperwork, but if it makes you feel better, add them to the petition. I doubt it would add much to the cost of postage, unless this is marriage 33. :P

It is unknown if they cross reference the I-130 when processing the I-129F, I think it is more a case of you have proved you filed it and that is good enough for them. :lol:

220555[/snapback]

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

220600[/snapback]

Since we have been married less than 2 years ours will be "conditional"...correct? Since she will be here on the I-129f I assume we will adjust status in the US, probably Charlotte since I am in NC.

220602[/snapback]

If the K3 wins the race, then yes, you'll adjust status in the US.

The instructions say you "MAY OMIT" the divorce paperwork, but if it makes you feel better, add them to the petition. I doubt it would add much to the cost of postage, unless this is marriage 33. :P

It is unknown if they cross reference the I-130 when processing the I-129F, I think it is more a case of you have proved you filed it and that is good enough for them. :lol:

220555[/snapback]

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

220600[/snapback]

220602[/snapback]

220605[/snapback]

Does anyone know what will happen after the Service Center starts processing our I-129f. My wife has a US visa and has been to the US 3 times so I hope the processing goes quickly. I have worked for the Federal govt almost 30 years so they know my history too.

220555[/snapback]

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

220600[/snapback]

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp click on National Benefits Center "Processing dates" ........for whatever it's worth

Guest pushbrk

220555[/snapback]

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

220600[/snapback]

220602[/snapback]

220605[/snapback]

Does anyone know what will happen after the Service Center starts processing our I-129f. My wife has a US visa and has been to the US 3 times so I hope the processing goes quickly. I have worked for the Federal govt almost 30 years so they know my history too.

220612[/snapback]

They'll do whatever they do. If they need more information they'll ask for it. If not, they'll send you notice of approval on the same kind of form you got your CR1 NOA1.

Upon approval, your file is sent to NVC "National Visa Center". Generally a few days later it is sent to the Consulate. A "quick" time between NOA1 and NOA2 on a K3 is 30 days. A slow time is 90. Petitions with issues can be delayed for quite some time. I don't know of a way to predict where a petition will fall within that range.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

220555[/snapback]

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

220600[/snapback]

220602[/snapback]

220605[/snapback]

220612[/snapback]

They'll do whatever they do. If they need more information they'll ask for it. If not, they'll send you notice of approval on the same kind of form you got your CR1 NOA1.

Upon approval, your file is sent to NVC "National Visa Center". Generally a few days later it is sent to the Consulate. A "quick" time between NOA1 and NOA2 on a K3 is 30 days. A slow time is 90. Petitions with issues can be delayed for quite some time. I don't know of a way to predict where a petition will fall within that range.

220625[/snapback]

OK so hopefully next Friday they will start processing our I-129f and send me another NOA that either says they need more info or that it has been approved. Then on to NVC where a Non-immigrant visa number is issued then on to AIT in Taipei...Correct?

220555[/snapback]

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

220600[/snapback]

220602[/snapback]

220605[/snapback]

220612[/snapback]

I don't understand, you say you have worked for the federal government for almost 30 years but here you are trying to predict what they will do with your case in the future? Seems like you should know better, it is an exercise in futility! Sorta like barking at the moon!

I don't understand, you say you have worked for the federal government for almost 30 years but here you are trying to predict what they will do with your case in the future?  Seems like you should know better, it is an exercise in futility!  Sorta like barking at the moon!

220633[/snapback]

:P :smoker: :lol:

Guest pushbrk

220555[/snapback]

2004 Met on Yahoo

10-05 Married in Taiwan

220597[/snapback]

220600[/snapback]

220602[/snapback]

220605[/snapback]

220612[/snapback]

220625[/snapback]

OK so hopefully next Friday they will start processing our I-129f and send me another NOA that either says they need more info or that it has been approved. Then on to NVC where a Non-immigrant visa number is issued then on to AIT in Taipei...Correct?

220629[/snapback]

Whoa. I don't know where you're pulling these dates from. Is it a hat or and imagination? As far as I know, when your case file gets to Chicago they date stamp it and forward it to NBC. NBC will send you an NOA1.

From that point it is anybody's guess. Your file goes in a pile and somebody checks fairly soon to see if they have everything they need and they take whatever steps they take from there. You can be sure that most of the time your file is in a pile somewhere waiting for whatever the next step may be.

When they are finished, they'll notify you as previously explained. You said you worked for the Government. If you worked in a sensitive security area, that could delay your process. There are just too many unknowns to be talking about what USCIS will do next Friday.