Does petitioner need to fill in the in-laws names?

I was told that I needed to fill out the names of my in-laws in the application form or they would never become beneficiaries once my wife got the citizenship, but I just wondered I could not find any blank in the form about in-laws.

Guest pushbrk
The only people listed on the I-129F are Ex-spouse and Children, the parents are listed on the G-325.

You may be thinking of the GIV-24, Family Composition Sheet, that is completed for the interview.

220137[/snapback]

That is correct. And if the form asks for a name of a person and the person ever existed, even if now deceased, you need to provide the information.

To my knowledge this has everything to do with your beneficiary and any children receiving their visa. Any possible connection to whether the inlaws could later become dependants is secondary. It is extremely important to provide accurate and complete information on the government forms.

I suppose it does make sense that ommissions could cause problems after the fact but right now the focus is on the SO.

Thanks,

Is that my wife should complete GIV-24 Family Composition Sheet before the interview?

220258[/snapback]

Yes, it needs to be included in the packet put together with the medical exam.

She will need information concerning your family as well. You can take a look at the form at P-4 forms for K-1 to see the questions asked and help her to gather the information she will need so it isn't a big surprise.

Guest pushbrk
Thanks,

Is that my wife should complete GIV-24 Family Composition Sheet before the interview?

220258[/snapback]

Yes, it needs to be included in the packet put together with the medical exam.

She will need information concerning your family as well. You can take a look at the form at P-4 forms for K-1 to see the questions asked and help her to gather the information she will need so it isn't a big surprise.

220266[/snapback]

I created a spreadsheet to match the answers for questions 6 and 7. Then I inserted MY family information including my former spouses, pasted it into an email and sent it to her. She can then add my information to her own.

I have a brother who has been missing 12 years so I just put "unknown since 1994" in location. Same for one of my exwives.