While gathering documents that I will be sending to my wife for her interview, I realized that I neglected to make a copy of my I-864......daaaaaaaaaaa. This is for a CR1 Visa. NVC no longer has the I-864 as our paperwork has been received my GUZ. Will she need a copy of this for her interview and if so how do we get a copy? A young lady at the Visa Information Center told me that she will need it but I have come to trust the brain trust at CFL for the most accurate information. Thanks to all!

While gathering documents that I will be sending to my wife for her interview, I realized that I neglected to make a copy of my I-864......daaaaaaaaaaa.  This is for a CR1 Visa.  NVC no longer has the I-864 as our paperwork has been received my GUZ.  Will she need a copy of this for her interview and if so how do we get a copy?  A young lady at the Visa Information Center told me that she will need it but I have come to trust the brain trust at CFL for the most accurate information.  Thanks to all!

219561[/snapback]

Fill out a new one, with fresh letters from your employer and bank.

your right.. NVC won't have it since the case is forwarded to GUZ.. so GUZ will have it. They usually don't ask for updated versions (only updated taxes if applicable), but it is 'best practice' to have a copy of everything with her... and by copy I mean, if you turned in a notarization ,you should have a notarization on hand as well. This will help to reduce any issues in a request for another notarized version.

I would expect that they will not ask for the I-864 (I scanned the CR1 interviews for the last two years and don't see any occurrence--which I expected anyway).

But, I'd follow Randy's lead and do them again to cover yourself for any issues... you take care of any possibility of them asking for an updated one by having done it ! (I wouldn't offer it to them.. let them ask the questions)...