K3 Time limit

Guest DragonFan

Guest DragonFan

Just a quick question: I had the understanding that after you SO gets the K3 Visa they have to enter the US withing 6 months even though the visa itself is good for 2 years with multiple entries.

The consulate in GUZ recently emailed me and said your SO has up to two years to enter the US. Did I interpret them wrong?

Which is true....the SO has to enter the US within 6 mos. or do they have up to two years to enter?

Guest pushbrk
Just a quick question:  I had the understanding that after you SO gets the K3 Visa they have to enter the US withing 6 months even though the visa itself is good for 2 years with multiple entries.

The consulate in GUZ recently emailed me and said your SO has up to two years to enter the US.  Did I interpret them wrong?

Which is true....the SO has to enter the US within 6 mos. or do they have up to two years to enter?

218467[/snapback]

She has six months to enter the USA.

You have misinterpreted. For confirmation, please post the relevant paragraph from the email, minus personal information, and the context can be explained to you.

Guest DragonFan
Just a quick question:  I had the understanding that after you SO gets the K3 Visa they have to enter the US withing 6 months even though the visa itself is good for 2 years with multiple entries.

The consulate in GUZ recently emailed me and said your SO has up to two years to enter the US.  Did I interpret them wrong?

218467[/snapback]

You have misinterpreted. For confirmation, please post the relevant paragraph from the email, minus personal information, and the context can be explained to you.

218475[/snapback]

Appears to us that your wife hasn't figured out her final decision regarding your marriage, right? If she decides at this moment that she will not come to join you, please have your wife return to the Consulate with the visa package so we can cancel it. If in the future she decides she will still like to join you in U.S. as wife, she can continue with her visa

application. Please note that K3 visa has two years validity with multiple

entry permit, so it is still a long way to go before the visa expires.

Guest pushbrk
Just a quick question:?I had the understanding that after you SO gets the K3 Visa they have to enter the US withing 6 months even though the visa itself is good for 2 years with multiple entries.

The consulate in GUZ recently emailed me and said your SO has up to two years to enter the US.?Did I interpret them wrong?

218467[/snapback]

218475[/snapback]

Appears to us that your wife hasn't figured out her final decision regarding your marriage, right? If she decides at this moment that she will not come to join you, please have your wife return to the Consulate with the visa package so we can cancel it. If in the future she decides she will still like to join you in U.S. as wife, she can continue with her visa

application. Please note that K3 visa has two years validity with multiple

entry permit, so it is still a long way to go before the visa expires.

218601[/snapback]

I checked one Consulate website that said six months but now I double checked and yes, she has two years from the time the K3 visa is issued before it expires. She can enter the USA any time she wants or not at all, during that 2 year period.

The 6 month limit is for K1.

It appears from what the consulate wrote, that unless she returns the visa package to them, she can do as she pleases with the visa regardless of your wishes.