Taxes, taxes, taxes

I took a chance. I filed the AOS like this:

I dont have my 2005 taxes filed yet, and that is all that is required now is the previous year. Since they wont be done anytime soon, I decided to:

1) Sent 2002, 2003, 2004 taxes with W2's. In lieu of 2005 taxes, I sent 2005 W2's, plus a copy of my 2005 extension.

2) I also sent the other info, like the employment letter (showing self employment contract with one company for 13 years) and commission statements for April and May from that company.

3) I wrote a letter explaining the missing 2005 taxes and said that I am filing the previous 3 years in good faith to establish a clear and consistent income, and asked that they accept those as sufficient proof of income.

Mylife mentioned I could be RFE'd for it. At first, I stalled becuase of this but decided, 'so what'? If they RFE me, it is not the same as when waiting on a visa, because we are together now.

Thus, I decided to file the AOS now and give her a somewhat legal status rather remain 'out of status'. I will update with results as they come to see if my idea was successful or not.

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)