Relationship Proof List?

:cheering: As most the people suggest, i am preparing my relationship proof list. suddenly i feel upset to use these sweet moments and memories to let someone judge our relationship. Loving and being loved is such a sweet and natural thing. however when we have to try to find all the evidence to show the VOs how real our love is, it is really sad for love itself.
Guest ShaQuaNew
:cheering: As most the people suggest, i am preparing my relationship proof list. suddenly i feel upset to use these sweet moments and memories to let someone judge our relationship. Loving and being loved is such a sweet and natural thing. however when we have to  try to find all the evidence to show the VOs how real our love is, it is really sad for love itself.

217537[/snapback]

It can muddle a rather natural and otherwise private event if you let it. The best way is to separate the emotion from the facts. The consulate is only there to determine whether or not there is a bona fide relationship, and not measure the depth and breadth of your love for one another. Photos, telephone call records, letters and emails are helpful. Keep in mind that it's completely acceptable to line out and censor personal conversation.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

yes,,,i feel the same when i was getting ready for our sweet photos and those loved emails. it is really bad to turn beautiful love into a kind of proof and show it to somebody. :greenblob: :greenblob:

What I think really befuddles most people, is when the interview is finished. When you get past the feeling you have now, and accept that you must prove your relationship, your mind then turns to preparing for those moments with the VO.

You have the pictures ready, the interview questions ready to be answered, you have practiced and practiced with your SO, you have every page of the application, reciepts, boarding passes, etc, etc, etc you know where everything is in your evidence book........you in fact are geared up for the biggest 'sales' call of your life...

.......and then in mere 40 seconds....its over ! Two or three questions are asked.......and before you know it, its finished !

In the event you passed, you are happy, yet your mind is so fired up for questions, you almost are disappointed there werent more questions. You almost want to go back and say 'dont you want to see the pictures', 'arent you going to ask how we met', 'dont you want to know how many times he came to China'?

Your mind is so set on that interview, that whether you have a red or blue slip, you somehow feel cheated they didnt want to know more !

I prefer to think of this process more like a business transaction.. or an application for a credit card; we are really just a case file to most workers reviewing our case.

Give them what they want at each stage... don't take it personally and don't make it too sentimental a process. They are not social workers really, but adjudicators of a case requesting a visa.

Keep the issues separated in your head and I think it is a little more bearable and you can focus on your SO a little more emotionally and your case a little more logically... :blink:

I prefer to think of this process more like a business transaction.. or an application for a credit card;  we are really just a case file to most workers reviewing our case.

Give them what they want at each stage... don't take it personally and don't make it too sentimental a process.  They are not social workers really, but adjudicators of a case requesting a visa.

Keep the issues separated in your head and I think it is a little more bearable and you can focus on your SO a little more emotionally and your case a little more logically...    :angry:

217861[/snapback]

good points, thanks! :P it is always nice to show people how much we love each other.

:angry: As most the people suggest, i am preparing my relationship proof list. suddenly i feel upset to use these sweet moments and memories to let someone judge our relationship. Loving and being loved is such a sweet and natural thing. however when we have to  try to find all the evidence to show the VOs how real our love is, it is really sad for love itself.

217537[/snapback]

Amen brother.... :P :)