My wife went to the K3 interview and was given a blue and pink slip, indicating the further supplemental evidence is needed. Most of the doc. needed llike explanation of relationship, utiltiy bills, bank statements etc are not to hard to prepare. One of the document the consulate request is my passport with all pages copied and notaried with all stamps indicating enter and exit of China. Now, I was born in Hong Kong and had my Chinese name in my birth certicate and the Hong Kong permernent ID card. When I naturalized and become US citizen, I use my American first name in the passport and have been using the same name in the US ever since.

Because I have the Hong Kong permenent ID card, I acquired the entry travel card to China that can pass through the custom without stamp. When I visited my wife in China, I use that card to enter without using my US passport, thus showing no stamp to prove the entry to China. I do have the plane ticket to prove, but it is with my Chinese name. Now that I have two names, what I have to do to prove to the visa offcier that the two names represent the same person? Will they have me a hard time and deny my wife K3 application for this?

Guest pushbrk
My wife went to the K3 interview and was given a blue and pink slip, indicating the further supplemental evidence is needed. Most of the doc. needed llike explanation of relationship, utiltiy bills, bank statements etc are not to hard to prepare. One of the document the consulate request is my passport with all pages copied and notaried with all stamps indicating enter and exit of China. Now, I was born in Hong Kong and had my Chinese name in my birth certicate and the Hong Kong permernent ID card. When I naturalized and become US citizen, I use my American first name in the passport and have been using the same name in the US ever since.

Because I have the Hong Kong permenent ID card, I acquired the entry travel card to China that can pass through the custom without stamp. When I visited my wife in China, I use that card to enter without using my US passport, thus showing no stamp to prove the entry to China. I do have the plane ticket to prove, but it is with my Chinese name. Now that I have two names, what I have to do to prove to the visa offcier that the two names represent the same person? Will they have me a hard time and deny my wife K3 application for this?

214882[/snapback]

Can you provide documentation that the two names apply to the same person?

Can you supply documents indicating you, in your American name, purchased tickets for travel on the days you traveled under your Chinese name?

With appropriate backup documentation, you may get by with a notarized document of explanation along with copies of your ID card and US passport with pictures of the same person. Any photo ID of either name will help but the most important will be the documentation that the same person legally uses both names.

214882[/snapback]

Can you supply documents indicating you, in your American name, purchased tickets for travel on the days you traveled under your Chinese name?

With appropriate backup documentation, you may get by with a notarized document of explanation along with copies of your ID card and US passport with pictures of the same person. Any photo ID of either name will help but the most important will be the documentation that the same person legally uses both names.

214892[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

I can provide doc. for both names (US passport and HK Id card). Do I have to get these two legal doc. notarized and give a brief explanation of the two names used, send to them first before they raise any question about the passport stamp of entry and exit to China and deny the application again?

Don is correct, as a naturalized US Citizen you are officially required to travel and enter foreign countries using your US Passport as you formally denounced all foreign allegiances as part of the process.

While having the permanent ID card is a simple method to enter the country, and is commonly done, their request can raise some issues for you depending on how the consulate decides to view your entry to Honk Kong. This is not an issue the US government chooses to pursue, but the consulate can be a different story. You might want to take a look at this site Dual Citizenship FAQ

I would assume that both names were used for Naturalization and you supplied both names on the I-130 and the I-129F and if so that helps tie things together, but I would think you would wish to seek legal advice concerning how to present the evidence they have requested to give you the best possibility of success.

Here is another link that works for you as well Dual Nationality

The US government has just made it clear as mud how they stand on the issue as it takes both sides. :o

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk

214882[/snapback]

214892[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

I can provide doc. for both names (US passport and HK Id card). Do I have to get these two legal doc. notarized and give a brief explanation of the two names used, send to them first before they raise any question about the passport stamp of entry and exit to China and deny the application again?

214897[/snapback]

I assume you have a passport and an ID card. I'm talking about showing documentation for how you came to use two names different names. Disclosing this on the G325A's for the I-130 and 1-129F you filed, where they ask for any other names used, would be good documentation. If you neglected to do that, then you'll need to have an explanation for that oversight, so it is not looked upon as a "lie".

What documentation do you have that you have that using two different names is legal for you? Was there a legal name change? Is this documented in your naturalization process?

If it is legal, then how it came to be legal is probably documented somewhere.