About Certificate of Vaccinations

Hi, should  the English Version of Certificate of Vaccinations be notarized? is it acceptable if the stamp on it is in Chinese?

Thanks

214816[/snapback]

Hi, I mean the Vaccinations Record that the applicants need to go to Guangzhou.

I don't think it has to be notorized. Just bring the documents to the panel physician.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1315.html

Vaccination Requirements

In general, applicants for immigrant visas are required to have all of the following vaccinations:

* Mumps

* Measles

* Rubella

* Polio

* Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

* Pertussis

* Influenza type B

* Hepatitis B

* Varicella

* Pneumococcal

Bring your vaccination records to the immigrant visa medical examination, if you have them. The panel physician decides which vaccinations you will need, appropriate to your age, medical condition and medical history.

I don't think it has to be notorized.  Just bring the documents to the panel physician. 

-----------------------------------------------------

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1315.html

Vaccination Requirements

In general, applicants for immigrant visas are required to have all of the following vaccinations:

* Mumps

* Measles

* Rubella

* Polio

* Tetanus and diptheria toxoids

* Pertussis

* Influenza type B

* Hepatitis B

* Varicella

* Pneumococcal

Bring your vaccination records to the immigrant visa medical examination, if you have them. The panel physician decides which vaccinations you will need, appropriate to your age, medical condition and medical history.

214966[/snapback]

My wife was told she would need follow up shots within 6 weeks of entering the states. When we got here I called a civil surgeon and was told , all the shots she received in GZ were one in a life time shots. (Td , Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella.) These were all marked (Insufficient time interval) on the vaccination documentation worksheet.

Anyone else run into this? Thanks,Ted.

The civil surgeon (CS) can hardly be mentioned on this board without a flurry of completely disparate experience encountered...

Some will tell you that she needs a second course of MMR (no earlier than 28 days after the first); others don't...

Sounds like she's here on a K3 visa.. then she will file for 'adjustment of status' ... and part of that petition includes the I-693 supplement signed by the CS...

Many will recommend you keep calling a CS till you hit upon one that knows you don't need another medical exam (as some will say) and don't need any more shots... it might take many calls..but go with who is cheap or fast, whichever is your greatest need...

If it really comes to it, you can have your family physician give her the second course of MMR (since it's probably cheaper than having the CS do it).. and sign the booklet.. then go to the CS.

The civil surgeon (CS) can hardly be mentioned on this board without a flurry of completely disparate experience encountered... 

Some will tell you that she needs a second course of MMR (no earlier than 28 days after the first); others don't...

Sounds like she's here on a K3 visa.. then she will file for 'adjustment of status' ... and part of that petition includes the I-693 supplement signed by the CS...

Many will recommend you keep calling a CS till you hit upon one that knows you don't need another medical exam (as some will say) and don't need any more shots... it might take many calls..but go with who is cheap or fast, whichever is your greatest need...

If it really comes to it, you can have your family physician give her the second course of MMR (since it's probably cheaper than having the CS do it).. and sign the booklet.. then go to the CS.

214975[/snapback]

Thanks for responding. No, we have a c-1 visa but, will file for change of status soon. We came into newark on 4/18 and have not gotton the welcome packet yet. If there is such a thing?

Something else too, we were married in china jan 05 visa issued 11 apr 06 but, the visa expires on 10 oct 06. should'nt it be 07?

While the shots are a one time thing, meaning the timeframe for follow up immunizations are not rigid, most require booster shots to complete the series without having to restart the immunizations.

Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons Table 1 gives the information on what immunizations are required and the various apendexes will help you to track when the followup immunizations are needed based on age.

Something else too, we were married in china jan 05 visa issued 11 apr 06 but, the visa expires on 10 oct 06. should'nt it be 07?

214979[/snapback]

You may be referring to the visa validity period which is usually 6 months. The visa validity refers to the time during which the visa must be used to gain entry to the US and is unrelated to the duration of stay once in the US.

Check to see if your wife's passport has a temporary I-551 stamp in it. The period reflected on the stamp should hold you over until the actual green card is received. As you noted, you will eventually have to file to remove the conditions on the two year green card.

Are you K-1, K-3 or CR-1? You don't even need the vaccinations for K-1 or K-3. You will need them though for AOS. Unless the petitioner's health insurance covers it it is cheaper to get them done in China and have a civil surgeon sign off on it here. There are many threads in the AOS challenges forum on the topic.