K3/K4 P-3 arrives

:D P3 for our K3/K4 arrives While I was talking with my wife :D

DOS has been telling me it was mailed last of April at same time case was entered into GZ computer but It was only mailed From GZ on the 9th and arrived in Shanghai the 11th. I think that when case is entered into GZ computer that only generates the paperwork for the mailing and then package must go through various stages at the consulate before finally getting to the mailroom and picked up by EMS. Last weeks holiday slowed things I think. She will mail it back on Friday and then we wait for P-4 :(

your CR1s at GUZ, so hopefully the namecheck gets through and you are able to jump into the K3 interview slot ...

214216[/snapback]

Why is not the name check done with K-3 sufficiant for CR-1???

214258[/snapback]

I asked GUZ and got a definitive answer:

1) No.  If we have already received the namecheck results in a K3 case, we normally apply those results to the CR/IR case.

2) You do not need to contact the Consulate in this situation. We will use the first namecheck result that we receive.

3) Namecheck results can expire.  In some cases, we need to resend namechecks when the previous results are too old.  If the "old" namecheck results are from the K3 case, and we've already received the CR/IR case file, then the new namecheck would be sent from the CR/IR case.

In most K1 and K3 cases, the namecheck process has already been started at NVC.  It is impossible to predict how long the namecheck process will take.  Each case is different.

214629[/snapback]