It takes only 8 months

His wife born in Guangzhou. 

From marrying her husband to visa granted, only takes 8 months.

I just wondered how it could be?

213492[/snapback]

I filed for a K-1 and just 5 months and a week later, Packet 3 was mailed back to the Consulate. Looking at recent timelines, it would not be unusual for the interview to be scheduled 2 months later, or close to 8 months after filing the 129F. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed). You can look at the timelines and see how things are going, but make sure you look at current milestones, what happened last year, or even months ago, is not necessarily valid today. But whatever happens, it will always seem too long.

I have seen a couple of cases go through from start to finish in about five months. Both were filed by petitioners that live in an area where they could file throught the Vermont Service Center. For other service centers 10 months to a year is the norm.

Guest pushbrk
His wife born in Guangzhou. 

From marrying her husband to visa granted, only takes 8 months.

I just wondered how it could be?

213492[/snapback]

The papers were filed properly and there were no delays in the process. Eight months a reasonable outcome but a particularly reasonable expectation.

If they were married in China then it was a K3 visa. If there are no unforseen delays, my K3 to Visa time will be 8-9 months from marriage. It could have been several weeks faster if not for filing near the Christmas holiday.

If I lived in a State where my original petition could have been filed at the Vermont Service Center, I may well have been looking at 7 months.

If you want some specific information for your own case, please feel free to ask.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
But why most of the New York petitioners wait 6 months or more after all the documents have been sent to Guangzhou Consulate?

213650[/snapback]

I don't know that most of the New York petitioners do. Do you have some data to share.

We discuss three major visa types here. Some take longer than others in general and some cases are delayed for various reasons.

You've come to the right place for help if you need it. What is it you wish to accomplish?

But why most of the New York petitioners wait 6 months or more after all the documents have been sent to Guangzhou Consulate?

213650[/snapback]

As Mike said, if you have some data to share, let us know.. otherwise it could be coincidental to the ladies they have a relationship with.

Once it gets to GUZ, it's all about the beneficiary (and namechecks)... so it would be good to hear about where most of those SOs are from.