Data base scew-ups

Guest ron/kiki

Guest ron/kiki

Well, its been a long time since I had anything positive to report. I was activated in the Army and have been trying to expedite Kiki's clearance and visa process, but was getting nowhere fast. Andrew at DOS said she cleared the name check on 20 Feb and that a message had gone to GZ. On 28 Feb GZ sent an email to my Senator and said...no record of name check clearance. I phoned Andrew...got the cable # and date sent and sent another email to GZ. This a.m. I received a msg back from GZ and it said in part... "The following applicant's name appeared on our data-base which was printed out on March 4, 2003, however, her DOB was entered as X/XX/X1 (the real DOB is X/XX/X0). We were not able to locate a case with X/XX/X1 and therefore, marked "no record in IVO" on the list"...we are sending the EMS today, all she neds are her passport and new IV photos.

Moral of the story...yes they are still screwing things up, who knows how long we would have waited had I not been as diligent in following up?

Best regards to all!

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: