I-134 Expired - Need a New One?

The person from DOS you talked to isn't doing the visa interview with your SO.. I would not present an I-134 older than 6 months to a VO, althought it's stated shelf life could be longer..

I'm a few places in line behind Randy... but would follow as he and others are saying...

The person from DOS you talked to isn't doing the visa interview with your SO..  I would not present an I-134 older than 6 months to a VO, althought it's stated shelf life could be longer..

I'm a few places in line behind Randy... but would follow as he and others are saying...

211373[/snapback]

David, et al...

Sorry to ask, but I have seen on various posts what the supposed "shelf life" of various documents is, but have not seen a comprehensive listing, although one may exist. A search brings up nothing usable.

If anyone knows of such a list, would you please publish it again, as I am getting to that point in the process. While we came out of the gate like gangbusters, our P3 delivery is lagging behind per your/ShaQ's timeline (very much appreciated).

I already have the employment letter, but am now concerned that I may have requested it too soon, based on our early success. I am thinking that I can back it up with more recent pay statements, so I am not too concerned about that. But I also like to have all of my ducks in a row in advance ( it's an Engineering thing, I know). I may have to boot a few of them duckies back if I get started too soon.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

Consulate IV FAQ:

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/iv_faq.html

What's the period of validity for medical reports and notarial certificates?

Notarial birth certificates, marriage certificates and divorce certificates have unlimited validity.

Medical reports, notarial single certificates and police certificates are good for one year from the date of issuance.

--

The one item missing is an affidavit of support... which I believe is stated as one year by USCIS (somewhere) for the I-864, so would assume that applies to the I-134...

Assuming I-134 and I-864 the same one year validitiy.

------------------------------------------

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1328.html

"Does the I-864 ever expire?

In general, the I-864 must be submitted to the consular officer in an immigrant visa interview within one year of the sponsor's signature. If it is submitted after one year, a new I-864 will be required.

After the I-864 has been submitted to and accepted by a consular officer (in the immigrant visa interview), it does not expire. However, if the supporting documents are more than 12 months old, the consular officer will ask for new supporting documents, such as the most recent federal income tax returns (1040) and a current employment letter. "