Letter from Ex-husband for son coming to USA

if my understanding is right,if fiancee has full custody she still needs a notarized statement from her ex husband?

212359[/snapback]

No letter needed, been there and done that, I have twins here to prove it with no letter from the ex. Make sure you have the divorce decree stating that at your AOS interview as my wife was asked to show that she had full custody of the evil twins..

What Mike said.

A careful reading of the divorce document will tell you what you need to know. It either states clearly that she has custody or not.

I was able to read this in the English translation, but could also point this out in the original Chinese divorce document.

Why is this important?

Because when you leave the country with the child, the Chinese immigration officers at the airport can and have asked for documentation proving that the child is free to leave the country. I was able to point out the pertinent points in the divorce document, and they were ok with that.

Dean

It has been a while since we did this, but my wife had joint custody of her son. But, before the GZ embassy would grant him the K4 visa, He had to have a notarized document from his father giving his permission for the son to live in America.

They would not under any circumstances grant him the K4visa until this was done.

If it makes ya feel any better, You'll be surprised at how easy it was to bribe the father for a modest sum of money to sign those documents.

Patrick

Guest pushbrk
It has been a while since we did this, but my wife had joint custody of her son. But, before the GZ embassy would grant him the K4 visa, He had to have a notarized document from his father giving his permission for the son to live in America.

They would not under any circumstances grant him the K4visa until this was done.

If it makes ya feel any better, You'll be surprised at how easy it was to bribe the father for a modest sum of money to sign those documents.

Patrick

212887[/snapback]

It stands to reason that given a JOINT CUSTODY arrangement, the father would have to sign off on the move.

In a SOLE CUSTODY arrangement, he does not.

The amount and relative difficulty of a bribe will vary from recipient to recipient. Others have simply decided to wait until the child's age makes the issue moot.

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick

212887[/snapback]

It stands to reason that given a JOINT CUSTODY arrangement, the father would have to sign off on the move.

In a SOLE CUSTODY arrangement, he does not.

The amount and relative difficulty of a bribe will vary from recipient to recipient. Others have simply decided to wait until the child's age makes the issue moot.

212888[/snapback]

Was just trying to offer my limited bit of knowledge.

Patrick

To clairify, this is for permission or consent from the ex husband for the son to come to the US with his mother once we marry. I think I know what needs to be in the letter, but does it matter if he writes it before we marry? I'm trying to have all of the papers ready when i arrive in June. does anyone have any personal knowlege and experience in this?