Visiting Canada ok?

I'm wondering if anyone has taken their SO across the 'line' into Canada on a K-3. I read up on a few CR-1's and saw that they were only troubled if they weren't CR-1, so I am thinking NO, but I want to be sure. Of course, we'll probably ride the moto the 40 miles up the road and just ask our local Canadian and American border folks what is what, but I am wondering how much hassle we are going to have.

Jess has a really good friend who lives in Vancouver, BC, and hopes to be able to visit her once she is here. She can wait if she needs to, patiently, but if I could arrange for her to see her friend soon after arriving, I think it would help her get used to the West a bit quicker.

I did some searches and didn't find anything, but welcome links to old posts I might have missed in my searches.

Thanks!

Merc

She would need a Temporary Resident Visa to Visit CanadaTemporary Resident Visa to Visit Canada. This might be something that could be done since she is legally here in the US and is extremely unlikely to desire to stay in Canada when she has legal status in the US.

Who needs a Canadian Visa to Visit

Citizens of the following countries and territories require a Visa to VISIT or TRANSIT Canada:

--- China, People’s Rep. of

VISITOR VISA EXEMPTIONS

persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence.

My wife and I went to Canada after she got her green card and had no trouble what so ever. Without a green card she will need a visa though. I know of one case where the wife went to China on advanced parole and booked a plane ticket with a stop over in Vancouver BC. They wouldn't let her on the plane in HK because she didn't have a Canadian transit visa.

She should be able to get the Canadian visa pretty easily. My SO applied for one in the UK and all she had to do was fill out the application and mail it with her passport to the Canadian embassy. The embassy mailed her passport back with the visa. Not sure the procedure in the US but I'm sure it's similar. Despite bullying by the US, Canada is still a relatively open country.

Yeah... $150 is something she isn't going to want to pay, so I guess we play the waiitng game. I say $150 because if we did it, it would be on a multi- too much paperwork for a single entry!

We'll see when she gets here...

Guest blsqueaky

For some reason lately, Cananda is becomming a problem. I was hassled the last time that I was there, and that was 1 month ago. My papers where not complete, and I did not know this, and this young trainee cussed me out and threw them back at me. Then when I came back into the U.S. I was held up again becuase I showed my passport, and all of the China Visa's in it, and I was detained and questioned. Go figure

For some reason lately, Cananda is becomming a problem. I was hassled the last time that I was there, and that was 1 month ago. My papers where not complete, and I did not know this, and this young trainee cussed me out and threw them back at me. Then when I came back into the U.S. I was held up again becuase I showed my passport, and all of the China Visa's in it, and I was detained and questioned. Go figure

213087[/snapback]

Be there a terrorist spy amongst us???? :lol:

China visas would be a sure sign of it :lol: Tomorrow we will see how it goes at the Mexican border.

Guest blsqueaky

213087[/snapback]

Be there a terrorist spy amongst us???? :D

China visas would be a sure sign of it :( Tomorrow we will see how it goes at the Mexican border.

213104[/snapback]

Ohh yes, I am, I soooo forgot

213087[/snapback]

Canada will periodically retaliate against what they perceive as transgressions against Canadian citizens by the US border agents. This has been going on since LONG before 9-11, and I'm sure it's much worse now.

• 4 months later...

She would need a Temporary Resident Visa to Visit CanadaTemporary Resident Visa to Visit Canada. This might be something that could be done since she is legally here in the US and is extremely unlikely to desire to stay in Canada when she has legal status in the US.

Who needs a Canadian Visa to Visit

Citizens of the following countries and territories require a Visa to VISIT or TRANSIT Canada:

--- China, People’s Rep. of

VISITOR VISA EXEMPTIONS

persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence.

Are those (TRVtVC) as difficult to get as a United States B-2 visa?