Alec,

Our interview is the 25th and almost every hotel and apartment place is full.  In the GUZ info section their are two apartment topics.  The one with Angela and Mr. Xie is already full.  The other one still had a room, but we also called hotels.  They were all full and VERY expensive.  Their some kind of fair or something going on in Guangzhou during this time and prices are going to be very high!  You had better call as soon as possible and make a reservation. 

Also, she will go in for the interview.  They will check her medical packet, check her fingerprints, and a few other things.  At some point she will be directed to a window to pay the interview fee.  Then, she will have her interview.  Good luck!

209052[/snapback]

99th Chinese Export Commodities Fair

Fair Interval: Apr. 21-24

Date: Phase 1: Apr. 15-20, 2006 9:30AM-7:PM

Phase 2: Apr. 25-30, 2006 9:30AM-7:PM

Venue: Chinese Export Commodities Fair (Pazhou) Complex

(Xingang Dong Road, Haizhu, Guangzhou, China)

Chinese Export Commodities Fair (Liuhua) Complex

(117 Liu Hua Road, Guangzhou, China)

http://www.cbw.com/business/exhib/cantonfair/

The hotels that are normally like Y320 suddenly are Y3200.

They have two Fairs each year. The other one is in September/October timeframe and I had to schedule my first visit around that. Apparently this fair is just plain massive, and claims to be the largest in China.

An alternative is to look at an outlying town (like Qingyuan) and catch a train or early bus into town. The hotels are cheaper and its only an hour by train, but you'd have to find out the train schedule. I do know the nicer trains heading north out of GZ are early morning trains (heading to SH/BJ), but I don't know the other way.

That is great that you'll be there with her at the interview.

It'll help her a lot to have you there.

My SO was nervious before the interview, but I was there to give her some strength. By the time she went in, she felt fine.

= 0 By the way, I wonder if your quick interview date has anything to do with your profession as a teacher. Maybe they did a study somewhere that people of certain professions are less likely candidates for fraud.

One of my cousins when through the K??? process, and he is a police officer. His was done in less than 6 months.

Guest pushbrk
That is great that you'll be there with her at the interview.

It'll help her a lot to have you there.

My SO was nervious before the interview, but I was there to give her some strength. By the time she went in, she felt fine.

= 0 By the way, I wonder if your quick interview date has anything to do with your profession as a teacher. Maybe they did a study somewhere that people of certain professions are less likely candidates for fraud.

One of my cousins when through the K??? process, and he is a police officer. His was done in less than 6 months.

209129[/snapback]

Alec filed DCF. They are generally much faster than stateside filings.