Good news...Green card came..bad news...

The good news is my wife recieved her green card the other day in the mail.. The bad news is that we mailed it back today for errors!.. They put her starting permanent resident date as april 2005 and the expiration date as next year! ...She wasnt even in the states in april of 2005. So now we wait another 6-8 weeks :angry: My was was so sad when I caught their mistake..shes really ready to get out of this apartment and start a job. They did tell us we could make and appoinment with INFOPASS... and get her passport stamped if she needed to leave the states...well, at least she was approved! :D

Edited by Steve and Qingqing (see edit history)

Welcome to the club!

Two green cards, two errors and three trips to Memphis for stamps in the passport. They tell us we should get the corrected card in around 22 months! :angry: ;)

Meanwhile, any time she wants to travel, she has to go all the way to Memphis for a stamp....what the heck...it's only a 10 hour round trip. ;)

Let us assume for a minute that it takes about 5 minutes to input the correct information into the computer, and have the new corrected card automatically mailed to the person.

1 worker x 5 minutes each = 96/8 hour work day.

Maybe 200 workers in the whole USA only making name changes.

200x96=19200/work day.

19200x5=96000/work week.

96000x52=4992000/year.

22 monthes= 88 weeks.

88x96000=8,448,000.

Does the USA even issue that many green cards each year, let alone make that many mistakes in the issuing?

Let us assume for a minute that it takes about 5 minutes to input the correct information into the computer, and have the new corrected card automatically mailed to the person.

1 worker x 5 minutes each = 96/8 hour work day.

Maybe 200 workers in the whole USA only making name changes.

200x96=19200/work day.

19200x5=96000/work week.

96000x52=4992000/year.

22 monthes= 88 weeks.

88x96000=8,448,000.

Does the USA even issue that many green cards each year, let alone make that many mistakes in the issuing?

208640[/snapback]

A good question indeed!

I asked why it would take so long but got no real answer. Just that they were overworked and understaffed.