I think the system did its job in this case. Maybe they will overcome, but the reasons for denial seem crystal clear to me.

yes, age of course is a big part of it, but...

That whole ooops thing a couple years back is a huge red flag. Maybe they think he is ooopsing again, and by denying they are going to test his resolve. If it is genuine, then they will wait out the denial and see what happens.

I know of genuine relationships where there is a big gap here in the states. I have a coworker who is 37 who married a guy who is 64. The love is genuine, but the generational gap is causing alot of friction because they simply don't think the same, nor have the same interests.

23 and 60 is granddaughter and grandfather. I think what you have is a gold digger and a dirty old man. If they are happy with their roles and understand the other's role, then I guess they get their visa, after they fight the denial. Fate will decide.

I think the system did its job in this case.  Maybe they will overcome, but the reasons for denial seem crystal clear to me. 

yes, age of course is a big part of it, but...

That whole ooops thing a couple years back is a huge red flag.  Maybe they think he is ooopsing again, and by denying they are going to test his resolve.  If it is genuine, then they will wait out the denial and see what happens.

I know of genuine relationships where there is a big gap here in the states.  I have a coworker who is 37 who married a guy who is 64.  The love is genuine, but the generational gap is causing alot of friction because they simply don't think the same, nor have the same interests.

23 and 60 is granddaughter and grandfather.  I think what you have is a gold digger and a dirty old man.  If they are happy with their roles and understand the other's role, then I guess they get their visa, after they fight the denial.  Fate will decide.

209135[/snapback]

Good point merc. The VO even asked my friends SO if her fiance would make a trip back to China to see her if visa is denied. But I think that's a cruel test and an expensive one at that.