DORA and vaccinations

Hi all,

My wife is eligible now to file the I-485 for AOS but she is still in the middle of the vaccination series. The DORA program in the Dallas area allows you to go to the local INS office and they will interview you that day (assuming that all your paperwork is in order). My question is, do we need to wait until my wife completes the vaccination series, or is it sufficient to prove that you have started the vaccination series? She has the yellow book already with the 1st MMR, Td and Varicella shots completed - we started those in China during the K-3 process. It'd be weird if the only thing holding us up for I-485 at this point is the vaccines... That would mean we gotta wait at least 6 months before we can file because the 3rd tetanus shot you take 6 months after the 2nd one...

I guess if you follow the normal process for the I-485 you got plenty time to finish the vaccines since I think normally there's at least 6 - 8 months between filing the I-485 and the actual interview. But if we go through DORA then that is not the case.

My guess is that we'll probably need to wait, but was wondering what you guys think.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I found somewhere where it states (kindof) that the vaccination series doesn't have to be completed before I-693 supplement signoff. I think it was one of the instruction documents for civil surgeons.

Thanks again.