How to prove Household Member Relationship?

Why are you submitting I-485a?

It says you do not neeed to submit it if you are:

"Are applying to adjust status as the spouse or unmarried minor child of a U.S. citizen or the parent of a U.S. citizen child at least

21 years of age, and you were inspected and lawfully admitted to the United States other than in C-1 or S nonimigrant status."

Can you give us some additional details?

Would you mind verifying the form.  Are you dealing with the I-864A or Supplement A to the I-485?

205152[/snapback]

I-864A Contract Between Sponsor and Household member.

Sorry too many forms floating in my head.

Gods I hate this paperwork.

As a threshold matter, you've got to decide if your dad is a "household member." Take a look at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=141797 and draw your own conclusion. If you decide that your dad is NOT a household member, he would file a separate I-864 rather than the I-864A. Even if he might meet the definition of a household member, you might want to consider having him file a separate I-864 rather than the I-864A and avoid the issue alltogether.

If you conclude that you dad is a household and you want him to file the I-864A, then I would think that his relationship to you can be documented with your birth certificate (He is shown as the father, isn't he? <_< ). Proof of residency is aimed at documenting the you and your father have lived at the same residence for at least six months. I doubt that a drivers license alone would do that. A drivers license plus a current document (phone, utility, or property tax bill, or a bank statement, etc.) might be enough.

I was going to suggest the same as Frank. You, as the spouse, HAVE to file a I-864, but it's probably a good idea to have your father just do a separate one since your income/finances won't meet the threshold.

Since I didn't meet the threshold, my cousin and her husband filled out affidavits of support to support our application, and the interviewer seemed to think that was perfectly fine. As I think I said in another post, by the time the interview rolls around, your situation may have changed where you'll be able to meet the minimum threshold on your own, and you can bring another affidavit of support then.