AOS OOPS

Well, we were married on Valentine's Day. Yippie. I sent in the AOS papers a couple of weeks ago, including I-765 and I-131. But recently discovered I forgot the I-693. OOPS. The question is, do I try to send them now or wait for INS to request them?

Also, I used the visajourney guide for AOS dummies. I think the people here do a much better job with the guides. Maybe someone can write a kitchen sink AOS guide and pin it here? May save some other idiot from my dilema. Thanks.

When you refer to the I-693, I'm assuming you're referring to the vaccination supplement.

I would be inclined to wait for an RFE. I say this because I am aware of an instance or two where the applicant did not send in the vaccination supplement but took it to the interview. So, it may be possible that you won't even get an RFE.

If you try to send it in now, you run the risk that it won't get associated with you initial application. By waiting for an RFE (if one comes), you'll have the RFE notice with all the identifying information on it that will be returned when you send in the vaccination supplement. The RFE procedure will increase the chances that the missing document will actually get into your file.

I'll third Frank's comment.

When you get the notice of appointment for the AOS interview, it will say to bring the I-693 (and supplement) with you "unless already provided" - or something like that. Lately, there have been several people who got RFEs for not providing it with the initial application, but there's at least a chance you'll be ok until the interivew. And if not, it's probably better to wait until they request it so they'll have the file ready. Sending it now may only add to their confusion.