Yet Another Trip

Well, due to yet another screw up on Li's green card, we have to drive all the way to Memphis again tomorrow. 520 miles round trip. Because the infernal USCIS can't seem to get the right birth date transferred from the paperwork onto the green card, we have to go again.

A bit of history.

Li went back to China on business in November. She had an error on her green card, so had to go to Memphis, as per instructions, to get it corrected. Got to Memphis, only to find out that they wouldn't correct it. Said we had to mail it in. They said she could use the stamp in her passport to get back into the country. As it turns out, she was able to do so.

She will be going back to China again in April. As slow as things go, USCIS still has not corrected the green card. Now, the stamp in her passport is expired. So, now we have to go all the way back to Memphis, just to get another stamp in the passport. We have the letter from USCIS that says they are in the process of correcting the error and issuing a new green card. Still, according to Memphis, we have to schlep all the way over there again.

For those familiar with our case, there has been screw ups at every step of the process, so, this shouldn't surprise me in the least. Still, enough is just about damn enough. :P

Have a safe and pleasant trip, Mick.

Hope things go smoothly with the USCIS. I'm sure they will.

At least it's not going for fingerprints again!...........:huh:

202656[/snapback]

Would not surprise me one bit if they fingerprint her again while she is there.

At least it's not going for fingerprints again!...........:)

202656[/snapback]

202733[/snapback]

Hey, Lao Gong, there is going to a re-fingerprints! On the notice they listed Biometrics Appointment. I already checked with the USCIS website, I am supposed to have another fingerprints in the local office before they issue a correct Green Card. For us, it will be done in Nashville. By the way the average processing time is between 225 and 275 days.

At least it's not going for fingerprints again!...........:lol:

202656[/snapback]

202733[/snapback]

Hey, Lao Gong, there is going to a re-fingerprints! On the notice they listed Biometrics Appointment. I already checked with the USCIS website, I am supposed to have another fingerprints in the local office before they issue a correct Green Card. For us, it will be done in Nashville. By the way the average processing time is between 225 and 275 days.

202796[/snapback]

Welcome to the US. I can tell you are extremely impressed with the degree of efficiency seen with the USCIS, :hug: but they gave you an added bonus by allowing you to see the beautiful scenery in the different seasons.

Well, we drove to Memphis and back today. Got up at 4 AM, had appointment at 11:45, visited a bookstore, had nice lunch, then drove back.

Li got a new stamp put in her passport and we were informed that her new green card was "being processed." ;)

Also found out, can you believe this, she will have to be fingerprinted again. Unbelievable!

So far she has been fingerprinted in Birmingham, Atlanta, Memphis and now, the next appointment will be in Nashville. It would seem they need her fingerprints in just about every southern state.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why she has to be fingerprinted so many times. They have done the ink prints, the biometrics...everything from the eleven lords a'leapin to the partridge in the pear tree.

This, my friends, is insanity at its most fevered pitch. :unsure: :ph34r:

Well, we drove to Memphis and back today. Got up at 4 AM, had appointment at 11:45, visited a bookstore, had nice lunch, then drove back.

Li got a new stamp put in her passport and we were informed that her new green card was "being processed."  ;)

Also found out, can you believe this, she will have to be fingerprinted again. Unbelievable!

So far she has been fingerprinted in Birmingham, Atlanta, Memphis and now, the next appointment will be in Nashville. It would seem they need her fingerprints in just about every southern state.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why she has to be fingerprinted so many times. They have done the ink prints, the biometrics...everything from the eleven lords a'leapin to the partridge in the pear tree.

This, my friends, is insanity at its most fevered pitch. :unsure:  ;)

203013[/snapback]

You think maybe it could make the Guinness Book of World Records? Hhhmmmm,,,might be somthing to look in to........... :ph34r:

Li got a new stamp put in her passport and we were informed that her new green card was "being processed."  :redblob:

This, my friends, is insanity at its most fevered pitch. :greenblob:  :greenblob:

203013[/snapback]

Maybe Li's fingerprints got caught up in the great bogus biometrics scam: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=192669