AOS Interview Scheduled

Go for it, Lee! That was quick!

Moving right along thru this harrowing process. That's the way it should be; moving, not harrowing!..... :P

May 16th. That'll be a happy day in May!........ :D

The best to ya!

201638[/snapback]

What is really strange is they say they are now processing July 25, 2005 applications and we our receipt date is Nov 25th.

They must know that we are both over achievers. :)

What is really strange is they say they are now processing July 25, 2005 applications and we our receipt date is Nov 25th.

They must know that we are both over achievers.  :)

201644[/snapback]

St. Paul has a similar older date listed as their processing dates.

I think (i.e., I hope) it has something to do with them processing the "older" applications - the ones that didn't go through the Chicago lockbox.

The other possibility would be that although the interview is now (less than a week away for us ...), the "processing" will still take place for several months??? I really hope not ...

Still waiting on my stepdaughter's "welcome letter" and green card.

Starting December 1, 2005 and counting! I forget which letter it was but it said that one of the checks was complete and the other check was still being processed.

Well, she's 15 now. Maybe she'll get her GC before her 18th birthday!.......none of us are really overly concerned about it anyways!. For pete's sake!...she's just a kid!!! ;)

Don't pay much attention to the processing dates. Your's should always be sooner. They report the oldest one that hasn't been finished yet. Likely it had a problem, RFE, etc.

If you go to the interview and pass, as long as the background check is finished you should get the I-551 stamp granting legal permanent residency. If the check has not been completed, you go home and wait for the welcome letter.

201818[/snapback]

I've prepared my wife for that possiblity, but someone will need to prepare the IO for it as well.

My understanding is that they are collecting the EAD's and AP on approval, but without the stamp in the passport they will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. We got a trip to China coming soon. :D