AOS for K-3????

We recently got our K-3 visa, and NOW in the U.S. Our "I-130" is still at NVC, or who knows where???

My question is.....What should we do from this point foward, how do we complete the AOS???

I tried to call SS office to see what is needed for her to get a card, and they told me that she needs to file a "I-688, I-766" in order to get a SSN

If someone could tell me any tricks in applying for either of these forms that will be great.

We recently got our K-3 visa, and NOW in the U.S.    Our "I-130" is still at NVC, or who knows where???

My question is.....What should we do from this point foward, how do we complete the AOS???

I tried to call SS office to see what is needed for her to get a card, and they told me that she needs to file a "I-688, I-766" in order to get a SSN

If someone could tell me any tricks in applying for either of these forms that will be great.

201635[/snapback]

The SSA aren't the ones to call at this point. Forget about what they told you.

Call the USCIS toll-free number and inform them that you will be filing AOS and abandoning the I-130. This will let the CIS know to inform the NVC and get the I-130 back; something like that.

At this point, you need to fill out the I-485 and also the I-765 for the EAD card. Follow the I-485 instructions and you'll be fine and make absulutely sure you mail it to the right place or you'll get RFE'd

Once your wife gets the EAD you can then get a SSN.

You can't abandon the I-130 until it is approved. The I-130 is the basis for the K-3 petition. You can't get a SSN on a K-3 without an EAD either. You will need to file the I-765 for the EAD then wait until the I-130 is approved to adjust status.

You can't abandon the I-130 until it is approved.  The I-130 is the basis for the K-3 petition. You can't get a SSN on a K-3 without an EAD either.  You will need to file the I-765 for the EAD then wait until the I-130 is approved to adjust status.

201732[/snapback]

We have an approved "I-130" But it has not been sent anywhere since I got the 797 notice of approval. I thought that they would send more info regarding the rest of the process of the 130.

I called USCIS and the told me they sent some paperwork in OCT??? They said they sent paperwork to myself as well as my wife, we never recieved anything.

So let me understand something???

If a I-130 is for a CR1 visa, once the interview is completed and a visa is issued, does one also have to do AOS??? or is it done automatic with the completion of the CR1

So let me understand something???

If a I-130 is for a CR1 visa, once the interview is completed and a visa is issued, does one also have to do AOS??? or is it done automatic with the completion of the CR1

202014[/snapback]

To finish the CR-1, your wife will have to return to Guangzhou for an interview, but if she passes, she'll re-enter the US as a legal permanent resident, and no adjustment of status will be needed. She'll receive a green card shortly thereafter.

In the alternative, you can file for adjustment of status off the K-3 and go to the interview here is the US. If the interview is successful, she will then become a legal permanent resident and should receive her green card shortly thereafter.

The choice is yours. Most people don't ever want to see the consulate again. :rolleyes: