received Greencard

My wife is apparently following the dangerous footsteps of the mortal master mopslapper, see bold:

Well, the old mop slappeer, Fang Ling, recieved her green card yesterday. Thirteen days after the AOS interview.  All she asked me was "Husband!!! Why green card no green?"

Uh, because  Uh-er, well it , ummmmmmmmm-I dunno "Husband, you no to smarty"

125810[/snapback]

I turned it over a few times.. then pointed to the back of the card and said, "Look.. there's a little green here" :angel: :violin4:

My wife is apparently following the dangerous footsteps of the mortal master mopslapper, see bold:

Well, the old mop slappeer, Fang Ling, recieved her green card yesterday. Thirteen days after the AOS interview.  All she asked me was "Husband!!! Why green card no green?"

Uh, because  Uh-er, well it , ummmmmmmmm-I dunno "Husband, you no to smarty"

125810[/snapback]

I turned it over a few times.. then pointed to the back of the card and said, "Look.. there's a little green here" :D :)

201626[/snapback]

David:

I have been following your progress fairly closely and am so happy for you. Congratulations. I am in the early stages of my paperwork gathering for the AOS. Did you send a cover letter and index with your stuff? If so, did you use some sort of template?

Just wanted to know.

Fred

Did you send a cover letter and index with your stuff?  If so, did you use some sort of template?

201659[/snapback]

I put into the AOS FAQ assembly question all the best tips and advice that I could find for my own package... see:

AOS FAQ:

Q. How do I put together the package for AOS?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11293

The basis for my cover letter is from this very good thread:

AOS Cover Letter, Couldn't find one, so here's my draft

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13374

Although I created a slightly different version from any of these, it comes closest to nooneufo's... I'll show it at the bottom...

So my final package basically was:

1) Acco binder at top; two hold punched with vinyl reinforcments (since I know Ty likes them)

2) Tabs at bottom on each item listed in cover letter (although they remove the tabs at some point)

3) cover letter

4) Two separate checks attached with 2 paperclips to the I-485

5) Rest of Items from cover letter

-- Plastic sleeve for the photos with name and A# on back (don't staple the pictures)

-- Plastic sleeve with horizontal slit to remove the Vaccination supplement easily (since it is an odd size and I didn't want to staple through it)

I did not file anything else with it (ie: I-131, I-765) as some do. If I had, I would of created a completely separate cover letter for each and binded them separately as stand-alone petitions... mailed all together.

--------------------

I-485 Cover Letter :

--------------------

I-485 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

Cover Letter For Given_Name FAMILY_NAME , A########

Given_Name FAMILY_NAME

Street Address

City, State ZIP

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Date

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find Form I-485 and supporting documents to adjust status as a K1 visa holder to Permanent Resident of the United States for Given_Name FAMILY_NAME , A########.

Contents include:

I. Initial evidence and supporting documents:

A. Payment in the amount of $325 for I-485

B. Payment in the amount of $70 for Fingerprint/Biometric

C. I-485 , Application to Adjust Status

D. I-864 , Affidavit of Support (notarized)

E. Copies of three years of tax transcripts

F. Copy of employment letter

G. G-325A , Biographic information

H. Two (2) color passport style photos

I. Copy of Birth Certificate and Translation

J. Copy of passport page with non-immigrant visa

K. Vaccination supplemental form to I-693 in sealed envelope from Civil Surgeon

II. Evidence of eligibility & status:

L. Copy of I-797, Notice of Action for I-129F fiancee petition approval

M. Copy of certified Marriage Certificate

N. Copy of both sides of I-94 , Nonimmigrant Arrival/Departure Record

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Thank you for your attention.

Signed,

Given_Name FAMILY_NAME

-----------

All my documents throughout the process has the Given_Name in mixed case and the FAMILY_NAME in ALL CAPITALS... (If name order is reversed, insert a comma: FAMILY_NAME, Given_Name)

For future reference, always check the current fees for sending a petition.