130 129 override?

I am still waiting on the long lost P3, but within the last week I got the email saying my long lost 130 application has left CSC and is now a WAC. I assume that means it will head to GUZ itself.

My wife and I want to be together as soon as possible, so there is little incentive to have a K-3 morph into a CR-1. I'm perfectly ready and willing to support her while she studies English while waiting for her green card so she can work. We don't want CR-1.

So my question is at what point does the K-3 get shelved in favor of the CR-1 and is this something we have a say in?

I don't know who came up with the idea that a K-3 is cancelled at anytime, but I think everyone should start using Guz's terminology.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=196942

Combining K-3 and CR-1/IR-1 is a much better way of expressing what will happen. They use the faster/earlier interview date of the K-3 and the no need for AOS in the States for the CR-1/IR-1.

If your CR-1/IR-1 never makes it to GUZ while your K-3 is being processed, you don't have to worry. If you want to adjust status in the States, just don't send back anything NVC sends after they receive your I-130.

Edited by sigen (see edit history)
I am still waiting on the long lost P3, but within the last week I got the email saying my long lost 130 application has left CSC and is now a WAC.  I assume that means it will head to GUZ itself.

My wife and I want to be together as soon as possible, so there is little incentive to have a K-3 morph into a CR-1.  I'm perfectly ready and willing to support her while she studies English while waiting for her green card so she can work. We don't want CR-1.

So my question is at what point does the K-3 get shelved in favor of the CR-1 and is this something we have a say in?

197582[/snapback]

your I-130 goes to NVC for a few months, should you decide to pay for all the various fees... It seems that if one is on top of it, you can get through NVC payments in about two months...

Yeah that is the kicker. Do I want to spend the several hundred on the 130 fees only to have the K3 finish up? I don't know. I guess I will just do what I have been doing the past many months, and just wait, albeit impatiently.

I did switch to rice crackers though. Less fat than cheetos, and in bulk only $3.50 a pound. wewt. LOL