Name Differences

I have run into a small problem with the potential to cause delays.

My SO name is spelled different on some Docs. ie: Sung Hung Man & Song Hong Min. I know I can solve this by filling in other names on the G-325a. Problems is her parents names are also spelled different on some Docs. Can I solve this with a letter of explanation attached to our application?

All the Docs I have, copies of her passport divorce papers, marriage cert. Hk id, china id. Say Sung Hung Man. So I will put Song Hongmin In the other names used part. The problem I think we have is her parents names. I have not seen her birth cert. yet she is waiting to get that form Henan. Her parents names may be spelled different than on the marriage cert.

Mat

Edited by Matman (see edit history)

We have run into this same issue. My wife's mothers name is spelled differently on her ID card than what appears on the Notarized documents. We went with the Notarized documents.

For your SO you need to compare the spelling of her name on the Notarized Documents, Passport and ID card. If you they do not all match then you may want to see if your SO can get a Notarized, Translated document explaining that based upon the same records the different spellings occured and the person listed on all items is the same person.

We have run into this same issue. My wife's mothers name is spelled differently on her ID card than what appears on the Notarized documents. We went with the Notarized documents.

For your SO you need to compare the spelling of her name on the Notarized Documents, Passport and ID card. If you they do not all match then you may want to see if your SO can get a Notarized, Translated document explaining that based upon the same records the different spellings occured and the person listed on all items is the same person.

197094[/snapback]

Thank you, thats a good Idea. I have found the only doc that has a diference is on her birth certificate, Her Father and Mothers names are different pinyin than our marriage certificate. Birth cert. from china and marriage cert. from HK.