Do everything Twice?

Don't forget the I-864.  I have heard of some instances where a copy of the I-864 for the parent slipped through but I've also heard of RFEs asking for a separate I-864 for the child.

196940[/snapback]

Really? The 864 (Affidavit of Support) has a section (Part 3) that is specifically for children of the "Immigrant You are Sponsoring"! It doesn't make sense to have one for the child too - but if you say so...

Don't forget the I-864.  I have heard of some instances where a copy of the I-864 for the parent slipped through but I've also heard of RFEs asking for a separate I-864 for the child.

196940[/snapback]

Really? The 864 (Affidavit of Support) has a section (Part 3) that is specifically for children of the "Immigrant You are Sponsoring"! It doesn't make sense to have one for the child too - but if you say so...

197092[/snapback]

The child is a separate applicant by themself...

I beleive you don't list a child on a parent's I-864. If you did this and one of them was rejected, then the household count would technically not be correct for the approved person [who mistakenly listed an extra person].

Call the people at NBC if your in doubt and need help to fill out household count correctly...

Well, as it turns out, you are absolutely correct. I called the USCIS customer service number (800-375-5283) and after being transferred a couple of times - and about 20 minutes on hold - the nice lady told me that there needs to be 2 (two) I-864's (affidavit of support) submitted - one for my wife and one for her daughter. Never mind that there's a segment on the form for children. Onward & upward!!

Thanks-

Fred