Beihai to Guanzhou

It looks like the way to Behai is to stay in Guz overnight. my question is, since I will probably need to stay overnight in an hotel. anyone familiar with hotels near the airport? My SO tells me there are 2 planes from Guz to Beihai for about $200 round trip. Has anyone experienced this yet?

So far the best I've seen is $1200 to Guz from Atlanta with all the Taxes and fees. and that was from http://www.bt-store.com, courtesy of PTcruiser. I'm waiting for fly-china to get back with me, I saw $1380 to Beihai, but I don't think the airport fees were added yet. We'll see.

It looks like the way to Behai is to stay in Guz overnight. my question is, since I will probably need to stay overnight in an hotel. anyone familiar with hotels near the airport? My SO tells me there are 2 planes from Guz to Beihai for about $200 round trip. Has anyone experienced this yet?

So far the best I've seen is $1200 to Guz from Atlanta with all the Taxes and fees. and that was from  http://www.bt-store.com, courtesy of PTcruiser. I'm waiting for fly-china to get back with me, I saw $1380 to Beihai, but I don't think the airport fees were added yet. We'll see.

196319[/snapback]

my main question here is to find a decent hotel near the airport. and an approximate cost. I have only seen $50+

Edited by nygatl15 (see edit history)

So far the best I've seen is $1200 to Guz from Atlanta with all the Taxes and fees. and that was from  http://www.bt-store.com, courtesy of PTcruiser. I'm waiting for fly-china to get back with me, I saw $1380 to Beihai, but I don't think the airport fees were added yet. We'll see.

196319[/snapback]

my main question here is to find a decent hotel near the airport. and an approximate cost. I have only seen $50+

196332[/snapback]

Have you tried this one?

Guangzhou Hotel

Good luck!

196319[/snapback]

196332[/snapback]

Have you tried this one?

Guangzhou Hotel

Good luck!

196335[/snapback]

Thanks! sounds great. including the free shuttle.

Edited by nygatl15 (see edit history)

So far the best I've seen is $1200 to Guz from Atlanta with all the Taxes and fees. and that was from? http://www.bt-store.com, courtesy of PTcruiser. I'm waiting for fly-china to get back with me, I saw $1380 to Beihai, but I don't think the airport fees were added yet. We'll see.

196319[/snapback]

196332[/snapback]

Have you tried this one?

Guangzhou Hotel

Good luck!

196335[/snapback]

Thanks! sounds great. including the free shuttle.

196340[/snapback]

I've got a twin room with double bed at the airport hotel reserved for the night of my arrival for $35.00. Free shuttle bus from the airport, 1/2 km away.

So far the best I've seen is $1200 to Guz from Atlanta with all the Taxes and fees. and that was from? http://www.bt-store.com, courtesy of PTcruiser. I'm waiting for fly-china to get back with me, I saw $1380 to Beihai, but I don't think the airport fees were added yet. We'll see.

196319[/snapback]

196332[/snapback]

Have you tried this one?

Guangzhou Hotel

Good luck!

196335[/snapback]

Try: http://www.guangzhouhotel.com/bestrates.htm

How are you getting to GZ? I was checking mid-April (Wednesday) flights on Orbitz.com from HSV today and they were a little over $1100 for Delta-CS Air. CS-Air arrives 6:20 am in GZ, no need for hotel.

I always booked the GZ (CAN) flights to/from Beihai (BHY) as e-tickets online dirtectly with China Southern at http://www.cs-air.com/en It was about $82 each way. It was not trouble free, but I got there and back.

What time are you arriving in GZ? For most ATL-CAN flights, the CS flight arrives 6:20 a.m. as msmckee said. Why not catch one of the morning flights to Beihai? If you need cash for the flight, you can convert dollars to RMB at the airport.

I'm on a similar flight schedule, arriving on the 6:20 a.m. CS flight. My wait in GZ is about 3+ hours for the connecting flight to Zhanjiang which incidentally, is just a short bus ride from Baihai. You'll love that part of the country but be prepared for the heat and bring malaria pills and insect repellant. :rolleyes:

What time are you arriving in GZ?  For most ATL-CAN flights, the CS flight arrives 6:20 a.m. as msmckee said.  Why not catch one of the morning flights to Beihai?  If you need cash for the flight, you can convert dollars to RMB at the airport.

I'm on a similar flight schedule, arriving on the 6:20 a.m. CS flight.  My wait in GZ is about 3+ hours for the connecting flight to Zhanjiang which incidentally, is just a short bus ride from Baihai.  You'll love that part of the country but be prepared for the heat and bring malaria pills and insect repellant. :rolleyes:

196606[/snapback]

Frank, you are leaving from Atl to LAX and then on to GUZ? I can logon to get pricing, seems I need my passport to register. I will have to wait until I get home. I will probably lose my reservation with the Northwest. I guess I can do it all over again, no need to rush this.... everyone giving information here is very helpful. You can't find this on Yahoo. it only points you to certain airlines. I will look at Orbitz just the same.

On Malaria, are the pills effective? Do I need a prescription for them?

Those little buggers love my blood everywhere I go. So I will be prepared. I guess, I won't need to take shirt sleeved shirts there?

As far as airline tickets are concerned, I just booked a round trip on Northwest Airlines from Evansville, IN to Guangzhou for $888.70 including taxes and fees, then a round trip jumper flight from Guangzhou to Nanning on China Southern for $199.00. the catch was the over night in Guangzhou. Total round trip airfare less than $1100.00 US.

Maybe I was a Chinese woman in a previous life. hehehe :ok:

Frank, you are leaving from Atl to LAX and then on to GUZ? I can logon to get pricing, seems I need my passport to register. I will have to wait until I get home. I will probably lose my reservation with the Northwest. I guess I can do it all over again, no need to rush this.... everyone giving information here is very helpful. You can't find this on Yahoo. it only points you to certain airlines. I will look at Orbitz just the same.

Those little buggers love my blood everywhere I go. So I will be prepared. I guess, I won't need to take shirt sleeved shirts there?

196625[/snapback]

Yep. ATL-LAX-CAN - leaving next month. I booked the flight at a local agency located in the Asian Square Shopping Center ( http://www.goldentourtravel.com/ ).

When I made my very first trip to China, I checked in with the CDC folks who suggested a few things (Hep B, updated tetanus, and Malaria pills). I got the pills from my local doctor on a prescription but never used them (long expired). I did bring some industrial strength DEET (got it at REI), but didn't use it that much.

196625[/snapback]

Yep. ATL-LAX-CAN - leaving next month. I booked the flight at a local agency located in the Asian Square Shopping Center ( http://www.goldentourtravel.com/ ).

When I made my very first trip to China, I checked in with the CDC folks who suggested a few things (Hep B, updated tetanus, and Malaria pills). I got the pills from my local doctor on a prescription but never used them (long expired). I did bring some industrial strength DEET (got it at REI), but didn't use it that much.

196646[/snapback]

I checked with http://www.goldentourtravel.com but they were more expensive. I just got reservations for $1180. but I will have to stay at a hotel over night. Looks like $35 a night at the airport hotel. The good part is I will fly Northwest and I will add to my miles. ( I think I will have 60000 soon)

I guess the time of year you are going , you don't worry about the misquitoes? I will see about the Hep B. I did get a Tetuanus shot a few years ago when I was bit by a sea lion in Mexico.

I checked with http://www.goldentourtravel.com but they were more expensive. I just got reservations for $1180. but I will have to stay at a hotel over night. Looks like $35 a night at the airport hotel.  The good part is I will fly Northwest and I will add to my miles. ( I think I will have 60000 soon)

I guess the time of year you are going , you don't worry about the misquitoes?  I will see about the Hep B. I did get a Tetuanus shot a few years ago when I was bit by a sea lion in Mexico.

196648[/snapback]

They offered up NW through Detroit, but the layover in Tokyo (I think) wasn't worth the savings. When you're flying coach to China, getting there ain't half the fun. :)

I checked with http://www.goldentourtravel.com but they were more expensive. I just got reservations for $1180. but I will have to stay at a hotel over night. Looks like $35 a night at the airport hotel.  The good part is I will fly Northwest and I will add to my miles. ( I think I will have 60000 soon)

I guess the time of year you are going , you don't worry about the misquitoes?  I will see about the Hep B. I did get a Tetuanus shot a few years ago when I was bit by a sea lion in Mexico.

196648[/snapback]

They offered up NW through Detroit, but the layover in Tokyo (I think) wasn't worth the savings. When you're flying coach to China, getting there ain't half the fun. :blink:

196681[/snapback]

I've done the NW thing through Narrita a couple of times. It's only an hour or two to change planes and a good opportunity to get out and stretch your legs.

196706[/snapback]

yea, me too. I like to get some noodles when I'm there. I've never waited more than 2 hours and they have a really nice lounge to recline in downstairs. Getting to Guangzhou in the morning is cool also. But I will stay overnight I guess and save a few dollars.

I checked with http://www.goldentourtravel.com but they were more expensive. I just got reservations for $1180. but I will have to stay at a hotel over night. Looks like $35 a night at the airport hotel.? The good part is I will fly Northwest and I will add to my miles. ( I think I will have 60000 soon)

I guess the time of year you are going , you don't worry about the misquitoes?? I will see about the Hep B. I did get a Tetuanus shot a few years ago when I was bit by a sea lion in Mexico.

196648[/snapback]

They offered up NW through Detroit, but the layover in Tokyo (I think) wasn't worth the savings. When you're flying coach to China, getting there ain't half the fun. :cheering:

196681[/snapback]

I've done the NW thing through Narrita a couple of times. It's only an hour or two to change planes and a good opportunity to get out and stretch your legs.

196706[/snapback]

yea, me too. I like to get some noodles when I'm there. I've never waited more than 2 hours and they have a really nice lounge to recline in downstairs. Getting to Guangzhou in the morning is cool also. But I will stay overnight I guess and save a few dollars.

196710[/snapback]

The 8 to 9 hour "overnighter" in Guangzhou is NOT fun. The police round everyone up, and herd you to one small area in the departure terminal so they can keep an eye on you. The seats are hard plastic, the armrests between the seats do NOT fold up, and sleep is near impossible. At midnight, the lights in the entire terminal are turned off until 6:00 a.m. Unless you have a booklight, you can't even read. Nothing is open. Been there, done that. Hopefully, I will never have to do that again. I considered the hotel, but I figured by the time I got there, cleaned up, unwound, it would be near time to get up and prepare to travel back to the terminal for departure.

Been through Narita. Two hours between flights. As was previously said, just enought time to grab a snack, stretch your legs, and get over to the next gate. Cool!