Guest ShaQuaNew
I know most companies allow the wife to be added to the company health coverage as the spouse. Does the same apply for her children?

196106[/snapback]

Most american insurance companies that have contracts with american corporations, require that a husband and wife be married to claim dependent children. If there is a legal marriage between them, and the child or children are dependents, and in legal custody, then they can be claimed.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
I know most companies allow the wife to be added to the company health coverage as the spouse. Does the same apply for her children?

196106[/snapback]

Most american insurance companies that have contracts with american corporations, require that a husband and wife be married to claim dependent children. If there is a legal marriage between them, and the child or children are dependents, and in legal custody, then they can be claimed.

196109[/snapback]

Thanks, I don't want to ask my job anything right now, since I'm still officially married. :huh:

Guest pushbrk

196106[/snapback]

Some companies require a SS# be obtained before enrolling anybody in their benefit programs. This causes a delay in the case of K1/K2. You'll want to check on that with your HR people at some point unless you already know. For instance, if your current wife was added to your benefits without a SS# you already have your answer. The wife and dependent children will be treated the same.

196106[/snapback]

Some companies require a SS# be obtained before enrolling anybody in their benefit programs. This causes a delay in the case of K1/K2. You'll want to check on that with your HR people at some point unless you already know. For instance, if your current wife was added to your benefits without a SS# you already have your answer. The wife and dependent children will be treated the same.

196236[/snapback]

She had one, but the company told me She didn't have to have one to get the coverage