Don is right, as usual. ;)  I posted the spousal waiver link because it had been formalized into the FAM.  It was not my intention to mislead anyone into thinking that the waiver process was limited to spouses.

Here's another link that indicates that the waiver process extends to fiance(e)s as well: 

195634[/snapback]

Excellent. I'm sure glad I was wrong. One thing seems certain. That is that if the OP can qualify financially to pull off the waiver, he can afford the assistance of an excellent attorney in doing so. God Speed and good luck.

195652[/snapback]

Perhaps you should consider your words a bit more prior to posting. The guy came here asking for advice, not judgment.

Your condescending tone concerning his finances is offensive and dismissive.

Most of us are here to support each other in a somewhat difficult process, you don't need to make it harder by being so abrasive.

195721[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you Lee, the man made one post and with the response he has gotten, I will be surprised if he makes one more post?

Don is right, as usual. :rolleyes:  I posted the spousal waiver link because it had been formalized into the FAM.  It was not my intention to mislead anyone into thinking that the waiver process was limited to spouses.

Here's another link that indicates that the waiver process extends to fiance(e)s as well: 

195634[/snapback]

Excellent. I'm sure glad I was wrong. One thing seems certain. That is that if the OP can qualify financially to pull off the waiver, he can afford the assistance of an excellent attorney in doing so. God Speed and good luck.

195652[/snapback]

Perhaps you should consider your words a bit more prior to posting. The guy came here asking for advice, not judgment.

Your condescending tone concerning his finances is offensive and dismissive.

Most of us are here to support each other in a somewhat difficult process, you don't need to make it harder by being so abrasive.

195721[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you Lee, the man made one post and with the response he has gotten, I will be surprised if he makes one more post?

195809[/snapback]

Aww I think everyone has been replying with information as they know it. Noone is flaming the guy or questioning his decision. What I see is a guy who will walk through fire for his SO and a bunch of people trying to help him reunite with her in whatever way they think he can. Maybe some incorrect information was listed, but it sure wasn't done maliciously.

All I can say is this guy is a trooper and I wish him all the best. His road promises to be a long one, but I think he must be game for it.

Good luck man!