2nd NOA2 Received Today

I received an e-mail today that my I-130 application has been accepted! This is my second NOA2, I received the first one for my K3 application back in November. As of 2 weeks ago the K3 was still at NVC under processing.

Now that the I-130 will also be sent to NVC, does it go through the same type of wait period there? I'm hoping that my K3 will be passing out of NVC soon, and on to GUZ. So just wondering if that means that the I-130 will have an "express pass" of sorts through NVC, or does it have to put in its time there as well?

Congratulations, the 130 will generate a number of RFE's for different paperwork such as a DS-230 and I-864, but they only want to be spoon fed as best I can tell. I'm not sure of the exact order of requests, but you should check out the FAQ's and try to have things stacked up ready to go so you don't add to the wait time.

From my understanding of what other members have posted on this topic. The I-130 advancing does not really mean a slow down in the process, but rather that if the k3 moves onto the consulate first then it holds my spot in the interview line in case the CR1 arrives. Is that about right?

195258[/snapback]

That's the case, was recently metioned by UCSONGUZ in K-3 to CR1. In the odd case GZ doesn't connect the dots and interviews have been assigned to both, but I am sure you can communicate the arrival of the CR1 to them if the miss.

As they head into the second turn I-130 appears to be gaining on K-3. K-3 is still ahead by several lengths and the oddsmakers still think K-3 will cross the finish line first, but I-130 has been known to pick up a little speed after the second turn. Stayed tuned folks. This will be a good race. :o

Congratulations.