Has anyone used Paciasia Travel?

Guest pushbrk
I guess this is a case of bait and switch,, they show you one price, then offer another price higher. Flychina was suggested by one of our prestigous established members offline and it seems they are offering $300 less, $1385. I will have to wait and see if they actually give the tickets at that price. We will see.

195784[/snapback]

I think what you are experiencing with these small brokers is the difference between online realtime access to airline databases and an offline access. When you go to Orbitz they poll a live database as you make your search. It's actually possible that in the few minutes it takes to make your selection, that the fare becomes no longer available.

These small brokers have direct access from their offices like a regular travel agent does but their websites are not online realtime resources for the consumer. Sometimes they are searching a database of tickets that have already been purchased in advance. When you make your request, they must manually determine what is available at that moment. The effect can be similar to "bait and switch" but it isn't necessarily the intent. If you end up with a better fare, it's worth the trouble, IMO.

I guess this is a case of bait and switch,, they show you one price, then offer another price higher. Flychina was suggested by one of our prestigous established members offline and it seems they are offering $300 less, $1385. I will have to wait and see if they actually give the tickets at that price. We will see.

195784[/snapback]

:lol: I was trying to help you, but all of my information was deleted. And I did email you to offer some more information by pm, never heard from you.

Rick

195789[/snapback]

yes I know, but you could pm me with the information. I didn't see the need to give out my email address

195784[/snapback]

I think what you are experiencing with these small brokers is the difference between online realtime access to airline databases and an offline access. When you go to Orbitz they poll a live database as you make your search. It's actually possible that in the few minutes it takes to make your selection, that the fare becomes no longer available.

These small brokers have direct access from their offices like a regular travel agent does but their websites are not online realtime resources for the consumer. Sometimes they are searching a database of tickets that have already been purchased in advance. When you make your request, they must manually determine what is available at that moment. The effect can be similar to "bait and switch" but it isn't necessarily the intent. If you end up with a better fare, it's worth the trouble, IMO.

195798[/snapback]

I will keep looking for the best fare I can get