I-129F relationship letter

Ok maybe i'm stuck in the twilight zone.  when i check the uscis website question 19 just asked the city and country where visa application will be sent to.

Are you talking about the intent to marry letter?

194800[/snapback]

I dont know about the current version of the I-129F, but when we sent ours in last year we used the 11/20/01 version, and Q19 was the following:

19. Has your fiance(e) met and seen you? Yes No

Describe the circumstances under which you met. If you have not personally met each ether, explain how the relationship was established, and explain in detail any reasons you may have for requesting that the requirement that you and your fiance(e) must have met should not apply to you.

In the provided space, I wrote the following:

Please see attached letter Titled "I-129F, Question 19"

Then, I attached the two letters. I dont know why we wrote as much as we wrote, we just started writing what we felt, and those letters are what we ended up with.

• 8 months later...

Not to keep beating the dead horse, but I think the form may have changed a bit since Ameriken originally applied. Question 19 now has to do with International Marriage Brokers on the I-129F. Yes, question 18 is similar but I think more important is the #7 section in the instructions, 7A and 7B. 7A asks for a description of the relationship and your meeting. 7B is about the letter of intent.

About the intent letter, legally I would think that is designed to get both parties on paper and on record as knowing and understanding that they must marry in the given timeframe.

No explanation seems to be necessary. So we each basically made a one sentence signed letter stating we will marry.

I think the more important part is the description of the relationship. Don't forget that Immigration is trying to weed out fake marriages. So a detailed description of your meeting and the relationship's progression is really key. The more evidence the better. They need to be convinced it is going to be a real marriage. Ameriken did a good job in his description, but seeing the content of the letter I think it actually gives more credit to Jie's interview skills. It's really hard to give much evidence when you meet online. I think the officer focused on the letter because of that. Ameriken, if you read this, I would really be interested in hearing what questions were asked and how she answered them. Because when it comes down to it, the burden of proof ultimately will be on the person interviewed and how well they present their case.