I have a friend who travels to HongKong to visit the consulate and he has an old colleague working there. He told me that they have a small amount of work and are not anywhere as busy as GZ. He told me if my fiancee had a passport and could go to HK it would be faster. Of course I have been in this so long now I am not about to change my avenue but I was think about any new petitioners they possibly could process through HK if their fiancees have access to HK. Something to think about.

I don't believe residency is an issue because I had someone tell me I should go and get married in HK and all we have to do is buy an airline ticket to Thailand and on the way over apply for the marriage and on the way back get married. Access to HK has gotten considerably easier for PRC residents in the past few months. When I talk to my friend I will ask him for more details.

I do know, however, the interview for a K-3 is done in the country of marriage. Read this on the usenet a while back. A couple got married on some island in the south pacific and had to go there for the interview - a tad inconvenient.

This is not always true. It will not be for us. In fact it is one thing that concerned my wife when getting a letter about 'having to interview' where married. She thought they would send it to the worng place. Seems I always become a corner case when dealing with the government.