The reason you coming to USA

On my ICE Speaking/Listening class yesterday, we watched an episode. A 60-years-old man, Nicolae, just comes to NY from Romania to partner in a restaurant with his brother Victor. But soon after he gets home sick badly. He feels he was a fish out of water without Romanian cutural surroundings. He can not adjust himself to the way of an America. Finally, he decides to go back home.

Upon this, the teacher was supposed to have us to discuss the topic of adjusting to a New Culture. But we all turned to the other related topic, the reason you coming to USA.

One said, for freedom.

One said, no reason.

One said, for joining parents.

Two said, for loving $$$!

The teacher said, "As I was in love with my ex-husband. I had to come here. Yelp! No reason! But after I came here, I realized I was so stupid coming to USA!"

Then it's my turn. Then I realized I got quite stuck and confused. Just like there were handreds of thousands of words piled up in my throat racing and arguing one another. For a moment I felt like I had so much to say with a stuffed throat and nothing to say with a blanked mind.

I heard a voice speaking, "As I was dying and suffering over there. Everyday life was just a stagnant repeat. It would not change or just inflow some nagtive stuff, till I died. I wished to refresh my life."

Guest ShaQuaNew
Then it's my turn. Then I realized I got quite stuck and confused. Just like there were handreds of thousands of words piled up in my throat racing and arguing one another. For a moment I felt like I had so much to say with a stuffed throat and nothing to say with a blanked mind.

I heard a voice speaking, "As I was dying and suffering over there. Everyday life was just a stagnant repeat. It would not change or just inflow some nagtive stuff, till I died. I wished to refresh my life."

189952[/snapback]

....and your reason for coming to America is?

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)