OF -169 and DS-230 Part 1

1. DCF I-130

2. Received P3

3. I believe I need to send the DS-230 part 1 along with the OF-169 check list, but I'm not a 100% sure

3. Is the OF-169 the document that has the check list and on the last page it ask you to fill out the date, case number, signiture, name and address. And do I just check the boxes, or do I need to attach copies of everthing when I file in GUZ?

4. Why does my DS-230 say Part 1 of 4 and part 2 of 4? I'm guessing I will recieve part 3 and 4 with my P-4.

5.I may have a problem getting all of the documents dealing with my finacial support. Should I check all the nesccessary boxes on the OF-169 and send it anyways, and hope i can resolve my situation before the interview.

6. Can I DCF these document in GUZ.

Thanks again , Jacky :huh:

1. DCF I-130

2. Received P3

3. I believe I need to send the DS-230 part 1 along with the OF-169 check list, but I'm not a 100% sure

3. Is the OF-169 the document that has the check list and on the last page it ask you to fill out the date, case number, signiture, name and address. And do I just check the boxes, or do I need to attach copies of everthing when I file in GUZ?

4. Why does my DS-230 say Part 1 of 4 and part 2 of 4? I'm guessing I will recieve part 3 and 4 with my P-4.

5.I may have a problem getting all of the documents dealing with my finacial support. Should I check all the nesccessary boxes on the OF-169 and send it anyways, and hope i can resolve my situation before the interview.

6. Can I DCF these document in GUZ.

Thanks again , Jacky :huh:

187641[/snapback]

Jacky

I just went through this same process so maybe I can help.

- You only need to send back the completed DS-240 part 1 and the OF-169. The OF-169 is the checklist paper. You are technically supposed to have all these items when you mail it back, but since it takes several months to get the P4 back and then the interview, many people send the OF-169 back immediately and use the intervening time to get the necessary papers. So, NO, you dont need to attach copies or even actually have the papers when you return the OF-169. Just check off the boxes and send it back. However if for whatever reason you DO NOT have these documents by the time of your interview, it will NOT BE GOOD. The embassy will not reschedule and you will have to reapply for an interview all over again. If time is not an important factor and you are unsure as to whether you can get these papers or not, it would be best to hold off on sending back the OF-169 until you actually have the papers in hand.

-As for the DS-230 part saying page 1 of 4 and 2 of 4, yes I think youre right. I believe page 3 and 4 are part of the P4 packet. I havent gotten my P4 yet so I dont know for sure.

-You mentioned you may have trouble getting documents dealing with your Affidavit of Support (AOS). Will you be able to meet the poverty guidleines yourself or will you need a co-sponsor? If there is any doubt about getting these papers, DO NOT send in the OF-169. Better to play it safe in my opinion.

-I dont see why you couldnt hand these papers in personally. However unless you are in Guangzhou, just mail them.

Please read the OF-169 where it tells you they will not process the case futher until they receive it, the DS-230 part 1 and that last page. If they do not receive this paperwork within a certain time frame the petition will be dropped.

The checklist is a list of what is required to have with her at the interview. The Afidavidt of support is required at the interview and you have a couple of months to get it and everything else together.

I'd suggest getting them in the mail and digging up the required info for the I-864 or getting someone to joint sponsor you before the interview.

If things get really bad you can request the interview be postponed.

• 2 months later...
DS-230 Part I makes up pages 1 & 2;   Return this now (with OF-169 checked off!) as others have said.

DS-230 Part II makes up pages 3 & 4, which you will get at P4.

187694[/snapback]

Are there any copies of these forms any where or will you just have to wait until you get them from Guz? (I talking about the OF variety) I was hoping to have them pre filled and sent off when they came as along as they are the same.

Edited by nygatl15 (see edit history)