Biometrics Appointment

Appears the combined filing for AOS is showing some good signs, we got the biometrics appointment notice today and it list both the AOS and EAD biometrics listed.

187127[/snapback]

Ying's recent biometric notice had AOS and EAD combined. Is this different than past practice ?? imply something really good is going to happen ??

Appears the combined filing for AOS is showing some good signs, we got the biometrics appointment notice today and it list both the AOS and EAD biometrics listed.

187127[/snapback]

Ying's recent biometric notice had AOS and EAD combined. Is this different than past practice ?? imply something really good is going to happen ??

187239[/snapback]

That does look like good news. It's different from the way I have seen in the past. In our case, we had to call and make the appointment. The way to get to a human on the USCIS helpline was to dial the 1-800 number and then on your keypad hit 1-2-3. Tha would send you to someone to set up the appointment. That's the way it used to be. Maybe the USCIS is starting to get more efficient in this field.

The only drawback that I can see is that the wait for the AOS appoinment might be long due to the name checks or maybe after the AOS appointment the wait will be long in like some cases. Hopefully not! The EAD should go smoothly but there may be a wait for that as well. 3 months at the most.

-good luck and smooth sailing!

I am not really concerned about having the EAD for work purposes in the immediate future because my wife is at ESL classes every day and her English is improving so much more than she realizes.

Having them combine them on the same NOA does appear to make things better, I've seen enough post of people having difficulties along this line and just hope it is a sign of good things within the process.

187127[/snapback]

187239[/snapback]

Just to confuse things a bit, Minghao, my step son, received his "Welcome to America" letter and on the same day received two notices to schedule biometrics for his AOS. WTF, particularly since the USCIS website said the cards had already been ordered. When I called USCIS on this, the guy was as perplexed as I was. He said see if the green card comes in the next couple of weeks. If so, toss the NOAs on the biometrics. If not, it might mean that the first two tries at biometrics didn't take.

Never a dull moment. :rolleyes:

187127[/snapback]

187239[/snapback]

Just to confuse things a bit, Minghao, my step son, received his "Welcome to America" letter and on the same day received two notices to schedule biometrics for his AOS. WTF, particularly since the USCIS website said the cards had already been ordered. When I called USCIS on this, the guy was as perplexed as I was. He said see if the green card comes in the next couple of weeks. If so, toss the NOAs on the biometrics. If not, it might mean that the first two tries at biometrics didn't take.

Never a dull moment. :rolleyes:

187343[/snapback]

A 'lil bass ackwards ain't they......... :angry: