My wife got her packet 4 this week. The interview date is Feb 9.

With the chinese holiday she could not get an updated police record check before the interview. Her hometown of Guilin will reopen for that service on Feb. 6. and it takes 2 weeks after that to get the result.

Yesterday, I faxed Guangzhou with a request to reschedule to the week of Feb. 20. My wife now tells me in packet 4 the instructions state the the police records check must have been completed within the last year.

She has a notarized copy of her police record check and it is 11 months old.

1) question: What is the exact verbiage in packet 4 regarding the police records check?

2)question: Will Guangzhou put her interview date at the bottem of the pile?

3)question: Should I now try and make the Feb 9 date and how do I reverse my faxed request.

This all gets a little more complex in that I have always planned on being with my wife (outside) at the interview.

Any advice would be apprieciated .

i can assure you the consulate will not reschedule your wife's interview on feb 20. she will have to wait in queue again for rescheduling an interview. usually it will take two to three months.

how about letting your wife have the interview first and then submit the updated police report to the consulate as overcome document? it can save time. but you have to take the risk the consulate will ask you to describe the history of your relationship with your wife or have other requests.

if you want your wife to have the interview first and risk the overcome, you will need to send another fax sheet to the consulate to tell them you have changed your mind and your wife will go to the consulate for interview on feb 9. otherwise they might not let her in.

Edited by tigress (see edit history)

Yeah I would bring the 11 month old police record and risk the overcome. I'd hate to see you delayed by what might not be an issue. You could try calling, or just hoping they bury the fax until after the interview.

At this point you may need to talk to someone there so your wife doesnt go all the way to the interview to find out it was rescheduled because of your fax.

P4 - IV of only 23 days is mind boggling, especially with the holiday. There is being lucky, and being so lucky as to be unlucky I guess. Especially after your P3 was so long in coming...

i can assure you the consulate will not reschedule your wife's interview on feb 20. she will have to wait in queue again for rescheduling an interview. usually it will take two to three months.

how about letting your wife have the interview first and then submit the updated police report to the consulate as overcome document? it can save time. but you have to take the risk the consulate will ask you to describe the history of your relationship with your wife or have other requests.

186146[/snapback]

tigress you seem very knowledgeable about everything when it comes to getting a visa. I'm curious to know if your also going through the visa process with your SO. I understand if you prefer not to say.

Guest pushbrk
In China, one gets police record from the police station.  Also in China, there is no such thing as holiday, except for 2 or 3 days.  Besides, police station on holiday?

In China, one needs to have street smarts.  One can get anything anytime.  All it takes is a bottle of wine or a carton of cigarettes.

186199[/snapback]

And if you have trouble, I may be able to assist. My brother-in-law is from Guilin and his two best friends are policemen. I met them both and they did all the driving and ticket purchasing for us while on our honeymoon. There is no holiday for policemen but certain inside office services may well be curtailed.

Once you check directly, if you think their assistance will help, I would be happy to contact them.

In China, one gets police record from the police station.  Also in China, there is no such thing as holiday, except for 2 or 3 days.  Besides, police station on holiday?

In China, one needs to have street smarts.  One can get anything anytime.  All it takes is a bottle of wine or a carton of cigarettes.

186199[/snapback]

And if you have trouble, I may be able to assist. My brother-in-law is from Guilin and his two best friends are policemen. I met them both and they did all the driving and ticket purchasing for us while on our honeymoon. There is no holiday for policemen but certain inside office services may well be curtailed.

Once you check directly, if you think their assistance will help, I would be happy to contact them.

186202[/snapback]

That is a really cool thing for you to do Push. That kind of comeraderie is what I love about CFL.

I don't do the forum thing much. Only one other, really, and that is for enthusiasts of my bike (FJR1300). However, I just lurk them, because they are *really* grouchy and the Signal to noise ratio is almost even sometimes ;\

A little off topic, but it is cool that you were willing to do that. Must be all the time living in non-Spokane parts of Eastern Washington :P

Edited by mercator (see edit history)

186199[/snapback]

please stop insulting chinese people as it will be humiliating yourself and disgracing all the americans.